Salisbury Steak 4P+

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I lightened up my Salisbury Steak recipe (made it 4 PointsPlus) and put together a recipe for mashed cauliflower that tastes a lot like mashed potatoes (only 2 PointsPlus) but not quite what I'm looking for. As soon as I perfect the recipe, I'll post it. Meanwhile, I served it with steamed broccoli for a total of 6 PointsPlus for the ENTIRE meal.

Salisbury Steak

1 pound lean ground beef
1 (8-ounce) package of baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of egg beaters
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray

For the gravy:
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 cups of water
6 tablespoons of brown gravy mix

In a bowl, using your clean hands, mix together all of the Salisbury Steak ingredients (except the non-stick cooking spray) until it holds together in a ball. Divide into 6 equal parts, about 5 ounces each. Form into patties. spray a large skillet with cooking spray and brown the patties over medium heat. Remove the patties to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In the same skillet, saute the sliced onions in the Olive Oil until soft. Mix the gravy mix with the water and add to the skillet stirring until mixture comes to a bubble. Simmer, stirring occasionally 1 minute. Pour over the steaks.

Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes.

Servings: 6
PointsPlus: 4
ww-salisbury-steak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH MAMA!! That mashed looks fantastic!! Beautiful plate of yummy food!! I want some!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL plate! I'm saving that one!

I am interested in your mashed cauliflower recipe.

I steam about 8 cloves of garlic along with a head of cauliflower, for 15 minutes. I mash it all together, then use a hand blender, a little fat free Half and Half, and some diet margerine spread. Mix in some minced parsley or chives, for color. S and P.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all!

Lee, it wasn't the best cauliflower recipe but it wasn't bad. I just steamed some cauliflower, used a little chicken broth and fat free milk to thin it down and I read somewhere that if you add a little instant potato flakes, it will give it more of a texture of mashed potatoes so that's what I did and pureed it in the blender....wasn't bad but nothing not really what I wanted. I'll keep trying on that one. The Steak turned out really good though...a lot bigger and better than those frozen dinner ones.

I'm thinking of trying to make meatballs out of the steak recipe.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I only use Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 for everything. Never cream unless I am making fresh whipped cream