It's Thursday 7/14/2011! What gonna be on your table?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I picked up some thick cut pork chops at the store. I'm gonna brine, stuff and grill them today...that's the plan if the weather cooperates. We may get more popup showers this afternoon. If we do, I guess I'll be baking them. I'll make some broccoli to go with them.

What's gonna be on your table?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nobody's cooking tonight?

Here's our dinner. I picked the mustard greens fresh from my garden this morning:

Attachments

• dinner07142011.jpg
    dinner07142011.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 108

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have steak and mushrooms for tonight, but I could really go for one of your pork chops :wow:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I did not feel like cooking. So I poached a chicken breast, then chopped it up with celery, dried cherries & almonds. Added some fresh herbs & mayo and rolled it up in wraps.

Along with fresh tomatoes from the garden, it made a nice summer supper.

Nancy-MD

Wow Mama, the pork chop and gravy looks yummy! Mmmmmm.

I made a rump roast with herbed long grain and wild rice, brown gravy with the pan drippings, a saute of fresh corn, green beans and Vidalia onions, and sliced tomatoes.

Attachments

• rump roast 003.jpg
    rump roast 003.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 102

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
mama, oh, i would luv greens. i have some in the' kitch. one of my fave foods!

think i'll make smushed potato w/ gravy, succotash, green beenz, & have a packet of those welch's tropical-fruit snax. haven't thawed meat as i was busy for the day & wasn't here 2 take some from the freezer- eh

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:D @ mama; & i agree that that roast is a beaut- is that london broil, ?~

Last edited:

GotGarlic

Late dinner tonight because the weather is so beautiful, we spent over an hour after work in the garden, picking veg and doing a bit of weeding. I have bacon in the oven and will make BLT wraps served with the pickled watermelon rind we made last weekend.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
GG, i have yet to make pickled melon rind- have u a recipe u could post, pleeze! i may as well make pickled green beenz, too

Embryodad

Nobody's cooking tonight?

Here's our dinner. I picked the mustard greens fresh from my garden this morning:

That meal is in the looks great section of my book. That gravy looks so invitingly perfect.

Wow Mama, the pork chop and gravy looks yummy! Mmmmmm.

I made a rump roast with herbed long grain and wild rice, brown gravy with the pan drippings, a saute of fresh corn, green beans and Vidalia onions, and sliced tomatoes.

Nice dinner Nancy..... That's a Norman Rockwell looker.

Nancy-MD

Thanks Nancy and luvs!

Nancy that roast is beautiful!
Thank you Mama.
:D @ mama; & i agree that that roast is a beaut- is that london broil, ?~
It's a rump roast, luvs.
That meal is in the looks great section of my book. That gravy looks so invitingly perfect.

Nice dinner Nancy..... That's a Norman Rockwell looker.
Thank you Jimmy.
Panko- dipped yellow squash Parm, with pasta and sausage..............

SquashParmWithpasta003.jpg

SquashParmWithpasta005.jpg

SquashParmWithpasta009.jpg
Oh my does this meal look delicious! I would have never thought to make yellow squash that way. I know I would love it. Thank you for the idea!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy!

GG, I'm with Luvs. Ya know...I've never made nor tried pickled watermelon rind :hide: and would love to see how it's made.

LT, that looks fantastic!!!!!!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
GG, i have yet to make pickled melon rind- have u a recipe u could post, pleeze! i may as well make pickled green beenz, too

I'll second that request. I was just thinking of that the other day when I was cutting up all that watermelon and throwing away the rind.