Supplements- Vitamins..etc..

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Do you take them?
If so, what?

I used to take the GNC Women's Ultra Mega, but it was a bit pricey considering the dosage per day, but not as pricey as was the one I'd been taking before, VitaMedica... or the one before that even :ohmy:
Nature's Way Alive seems to take care of those important nutrients I am missing in my diet, because I feel fabulous after being on them for 2 weeks, and they are very affordable!

2011-07-08 22-50-15.341.jpg

So.. do you take any supplements, or do you figure you're getting enough of everything from your diet that you need?

Funny, I never needed supplements when I was following a strict vegetarian/vegan diet, felt fine with the vast array of foods I was eating in balance.
Now, however.. I do need extra nutrients it seems.
Perhaps I should just go back to being veggie. :D

http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Vitamins/60195-Alive-Womens-Energy.aspx

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
many. K, mag, calcium w/ vit-d, then the drinkable ones like nutren 1.5 (basically ensure). doc continiually rings me when labs 'er ucky-- & she'll increase the potasssium & the mag-ox. calcium, vitamins w/ iron, tho i can't oft keep them to stay in my tummy.
via reading this, i got the courage 2 gulp the last 2 of my 8 daily potassiums! yay. i have another magnesium tho may wait on that, have tummy cramps from the last one

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
Nope, don't take them. Never have, never will. OTH, I try not to purchase food that comes in a box, jar, or can. i do make an effort to cook somewhat healthy, and do believe in a glass of red wine each day.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I take a vitamin/mineral supplement every day. I figure it's worth it just in case I haven't eaten "right" that day. If I'm at Sam's, I buy Centrum. If I'm at Walgreen's, I buy their brand.

I haven't been taking them for very long, but I can already see a difference in my hair and nails. I figure it's worth it. They don't cost much at all.