What's Cooking Second Week of March 2016 ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Umm ahhh, as I was saying..
:tongue:
Tonight it'll be spaghetti with Alfredo sauce and broccoli added.
I'll use Classico sauce.
It's my favourite.

Johnny West

I like Classico but doctor it up with extra garlic, basil, parsley and red wine.

I've not tried tha Alfredo, though. Do you add a meat to that?

K

Kimchee

Made Bulgogi and fried rice the other night.

Attachments

• BulgogiWrap2.jpg
    BulgogiWrap2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 170

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yum, Kimchee. Do you roll up all that and eat it with your fingers?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It was 76 in Boston yesterday (yes, March 9th!!), so my friend and I grilled a couple of rubbed pork tenderloins, a couple of heads of Romaine and a small zucchini.

Perfectly perfect!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 150

Johnny West

It was 76 in Boston yesterday (yes, March 9th!!), so my friend and I grilled a couple of rubbed pork tenderloins, a couple of heads of Romaine and a small zucchini.

Perfectly perfect!

Lee

Oh, my!!! Lee, that looks good. It's poured down rain all day so no grilling, not that I could. It would be a labour.

Tonight I'll nuke leftover lasagna. :glare:

Embryodad

Made Tina baby stuffed peppers ... frozen Stoufers meal. Good? ... NOT!

Then, pierogi that I had frozen. Tina's home made at least. Good

Dessert, was a Krispy Kreme Glazed doughnut; with a cup of Krispy Kreme coffee, in my Krispy Kreme coffee Mug! Only one doughnut??? .... hhahahaha, oh no!
I've got one sitting aside for snack tonight. Right next to my Blood Sugar test kit!

Johnny West

Tonight will be fish stick sandwiches and a baked potato. My chives are doing great so will cut some for the sour cream.

Embryodad

Cod fish pan fried in oil and butter....
Potato puff balls.... baked. ( A potato ball from Omaha Beef Gift / box ), and green beans.
All above for Tina..... All match the OK allowed foods for her post op surgery.

Now, for Jimmy Boy here, I made some boiled shrimp for peel and eat. Leftover will make a nice shrimp salad for tomorrow!
Irish soda bread for dessert. Lumps of butter on mine. My motto is,"butter lubricates the joints!"

Johnny West

Do you ever make those dried lamb ribs like my friend from Oslo makes?

Tonight is chili again and will pan fry a burger to go with.

Embryodad

Have no clue what to make. I just decided to make / bake 4 manicotti with cheese in the convection oven to make for my "Patient" .
She can have them for lunch or supper, if she feels up to it.

JW inspired me to make some chili for myself. DW can't have that on her special diet.
I like beans in my chili, but I'll hold off on them. That way, I can serve it to GD over / on spaghetti. Even me! hahaha... I love spaghetti and chili.

Saliha

Do you ever make those dried lamb ribs like my friend from Oslo makes?

I usually make soup or steak when using lamb meat. My speciality is date lamb stew - it has got some influence from the Middle Eastern kitchens. Traditionally at the Easter time I make lamb steak - but not at this year as my mother goes to the surgery at the next week and after that she will have to keep diet and eat mostly some soups and mashed foods. That´s why I wanted to serve something about lamb meat a little earlier than the Easter that she could enjoy the taste of lamb also at this year.

As those dried lamb ribs are some traditional food in Norway, in Finland one of the most famous lamb food is Vorschmack.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Vorschmack

Johnny West

That looks like something I'd like. I'm not sure where I'd find brined herring, but I do love herring and anchovies.

My traditional Easter meal, which I won't be making this year, is a boned out leg of lamb stuffed with herbs, rolled & tied with string, then roasted in the charcoal grill with apple or plum for smoke. It's a Greek recipe.

Best wishes and prayers to your mother, your family, and you.

Embryodad

My arteries get cleaned once in a while!
I have a method.
I take 4 or 5 shots of Vodka .... then chase that with a few Corona beers.
The arteries close a bit, and then I jump in a cold shower. That in turn opens the arteries quickly, and Chill Shocks them. Cleans em out real good! LOL

Johnny West

My arteries get cleaned once in a while!
I have a method.
I take 4 or 5 shots of Vodka .... then chase that with a few Corona beers.
The arteries close a bit, and then I jump in a cold shower. That in turn opens the arteries quickly, and Chill Shocks them. Cleans em out real good! LOL

That sounds like a plan but now that I'm on narcotic pain meds I've stopped the vodka and have little wine or beer. There will be beer with the chili tonight.

Embryodad

I usually make soup or steak when using lamb meat. My speciality is date lamb stew - it has got some influence from the Middle Eastern kitchens. Traditionally at the Easter time I make lamb steak - but not at this year as my mother goes to the surgery at the next week and after that she will have to keep diet and eat mostly some soups and mashed foods. That´s why I wanted to serve something about lamb meat a little earlier than the Easter that she could enjoy the taste of lamb also at this year.

As those dried lamb ribs are some traditional food in Norway, in Finland one of the most famous lamb food is Vorschmack.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Vorschmack
Best wishes to Mom. Hope she heals quickly!

I am nursing my wife Tina now. It's been 10 days since her colon surgery.
She had to have 10 inches removed and reconnected to the good part.
She is doing fine, with the exception of breaking out with hives. She may have been allergic to some drug. She does get hives from sulfa drugs, but there were no answers as to what they used....
So far, she's been dosing on Benadryl .

Embryodad

That sounds like a plan but now that I'm on narcotic pain meds I've stopped the vodka and have little wine or beer. There will be beer with the chili tonight.
Sounds good to me. As a matter of fact. I may grab a couple brews from the reefer downstairs to supplement my chili over spaghetti.