Anyone try making their own before...?

Deelady

I LOVE Arby Sauce, I'm curious to see how similar it is!

Arby's Sauce

1 cup water
1/2 cup catsup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne

Cornstarch Mixture: (thickening mixture)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon water

Mix Cornstarch Mixture well; set aside.

Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 15 - 20 seconds. Pour ingredients into a small saucepan, heat on medium low. Simmer gently for twenty minutes, stirring several times.

After twenty minutes add cornstarch mixture, stir well. When sauce begins to thickens let simmer on a very low temperature for ten minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.

Mixture will be similar in thickness to steak sauce. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

This sauce is a nice change on hamburgers or pastrami, and a great dipping sauce for hot wings.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Dee, are you old enough to remember Beef Corral? It was a competitor of Arby's and some of us preferred theirs.

Deelady

I don't know if I'm not old enough or if they just didn't have that in California where I'm orig from.....never heard of it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons water
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to boil, 5 to 10 minutes.

A little simpler Dee, but I like the one you found as well!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Come to think of it, I could drink Arby's sauce right out of those little packets.
That's how much I like it!
Sinus trouble? Do the same with their Horsey Sauce :eek::tongue:

homecook

I'm the odd man out. I don't like their sauce. If I ever get the cheddar/beef sandwich I order it without the sauce. LOL It's too sweet for me.

The recipes posted are similar to my homemade bbq sauce. Only I also add chili sauce and celery seed.

High Cheese

Saucier
This one is real good. I swapped out the JD for bourbon too.

T.G.I. Friday's Original Jack Daniel's Sauce

1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup whiskey (favorite brand)
2 cups brown sugar
2 beef bouillon cubes
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Allow to cool and use as a sauce on a grilled meat.

Deelady

Hey High Cheese, I also found this one....wonder how close they are to each other in taste.

TGI Friday's Jack Daniels Grill Glaze

This versatile sweet-and-slightly-spicy sauce can be ordered on salmon, baby back ribs, steak, chicken, pork chops...even on chicken wings. If grilling, put it on just before removing meat from the grill as it burns easily.

Makes 1 cup.

1 bulb garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 cup (140ml) water
1 cup (250ml) pineapple juice
1/4 cup (60ml) teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/3 cups (310ml) dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced white onion
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
1/4 teaspoon cayenne chile pepper

Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over the garlic, and cover with a lid or foil.Bake the garlic in a preheated 325 degree F (165 degree C) oven for 1 hour.

Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.

Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering. Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir. Let mixture simmer for 40 to 50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over.

Enjoy on your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.

High Cheese

Saucier
IDK...that one is alot more involved with roasting the garlic and all. The one I posted tastes pretty good, I made it about half a dozen times or so. Apply it to grilled food when it's 3/4 the way finished.

AllenOK

Many, many, years ago, I used to work for the Arby's franchise here in OK. At one time, they used to sell Arby's Sauce in squeeze bottles. I'm not sure if they still do, or if that varies from Franchise to Franchise.

I was never fond of the stuff myself.

AllenOK

I'll take a Beef-n-Cheddar (minus the Arby's Sauce), curly fries, and a coke/pepsi. Isn't that a #2?

High Cheese

Saucier
#2 it is, no cheddar tho.

IMG_4582.jpg

Deelady

Heres another sauce I love

Raising Cane's Chicken finger dipping sauce

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
Generous amount of black pepper (cover surface two or three times and mix in)

Combine all ingredients. It will start to look and taste right as you blend them together, but it is best to let the sauce sit for a few hours before serving.

Deelady

That must be for me right High Cheese???? Because thats exactly the order I get :D

I agree about their cheese sauce though....yuck!