Salt and Vinegar Chicken

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love salt. I love vinegar.

Last week, I had some Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings and LOVED them.

So, since thighs were on sale this week, I decided to try my hand at them.

I adapted a recipe from All Recipes.

Really good! Great flavor, crispy skin.

House smells unbelievably good, too!

Lee

Salt and Vinegar Chicken Thighs

10 bone in, skin on, thighs
2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup canola oil
1 egg, beaten
3 teas. salt
1 teas. poultry seasoning

Beat the egg in a bowl and add the other ingredients to the bowl. Place chicken thighs something to marinate - I put them in a shallow roasting pan. Pour marinade over thighs and refrigerate at least overnight (I did mine for 36 hours). Turn chicken over two or three times.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place thighs, skin side up, on foiled, rimmed baking sheet sprayed with Pam. Spray some Pam on thighs. Sprinkle a little salt and ground pepper on thighs. Bake for an hour and 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 1 Salt and Vinegar chicken, marinating.JPG
    1 Salt and Vinegar chicken, marinating.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 2 Salt and vinegar chicken cooked.JPG
    2 Salt and vinegar chicken cooked.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 143
  • 3 Salt and vinegar chicken plated.JPG
    3 Salt and vinegar chicken plated.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 137

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Those look tasty and very pretty and nicely browned.

You would probably like Giada's Balsamic Chicken too. I know you're watching the calories, and her recipe has a whole lot less oil than the one posted. I'll admit though, the balsamic chicken isn't as pretty as yours. It comes out kind of a purplish color, which I found to be a little unappetizing.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those do look GREAT. I love salt and vinegar chips so I'm sure I'd love this chicken. Thanks Lee.

Johnny West

Those look tasty and very pretty and nicely browned.

You would probably like Giada's Balsamic Chicken too. I know you're watching the calories, and her recipe has a whole lot less oil than the one posted. I'll admit though, the balsamic chicken isn't as pretty as yours. It comes out kind of a purplish color, which I found to be a little unappetizing.

Do you like coq au vin? That's purple. lol

I love Rao's lemon chicken but never seem to get around to making it.

I'm like Doc, I love salt and vinegar chips so would like this.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, so I read a couple of online reviews of the bottled Salt and Vinegar seasoning that you can get at Buffalo Wild Wings. Since I have one of those restaurants near me, I went and bought a bottle.

I made the wings similar to the way I always make them: shaken up in a bag of flour, a small pat of butter on each piece, sprinkled the seasoning on them, baked at 375 for an hour.

Hot out of the oven, I put the wings into a bowl, sprinkled more Salt and Vinegar seasoning on them and tossed them.

Pretty good!

Still going to experiment.

Need America's Test Kitchen to do this for me!

Lee

Attachments

• Salt and Vinegar seasoning.JPG
    Salt and Vinegar seasoning.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Salt and Vinegar wings.JPG
    Salt and Vinegar wings.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 95