What's Cooking, NCT? Sunday, 02-15/2015 / Saturday, 02/21/2015.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ok guys & gals!

A new week has started, and it's snowing outside here in Boston. Again for the umpteenth time!!! Lost count already!

What type of comfort food are you having on this snowy day winter day?

I'm still eating the spaghetti & meatballs that I made the other day. What are YOU having? ;)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 285

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The wife is watching the grand kids at their house overnight, so I was on my own for dinner. I chopped up some onion, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, red & orange peppers, & zucchini, then added a couple of eggs, cooked breakfast sausage, salt & pepper and some Mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheeses. Baked it in ramekins at 350F for 20 minutes, then topped with Sriracha chili sauce and called it dinner. Outstanding & filling.
img_3175-jpg.91728
img_3176-jpg.91729
img_3178-jpg.91730

Shermie

Site Supporter
The wife is watching the grand kids at their house overnight, so I was on my own for dinner. I chopped up some onion, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, red & orange peppers, & zucchini, then added a couple of eggs, cooked breakfast sausage, salt & pepper and some Mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheeses. Baked it in ramekins at 350F for 20 minutes, then topped with Sriracha chili sauce and called it dinner. Outstanding & filling.
img_3175-jpg.91728
img_3176-jpg.91729
img_3178-jpg.91730

Thanks, JoeV!!

Sort of like li'l individual quiches!

My nephew in Georgia - HIS wife makes that, except she starts in on the stove, then she finishes it in the oven!

She uses a large skillet to do it in.

Sounds like a good idea for supper tonight or breakfast tomorrow!! I can use either the small individual pie dishes or the small ramekins for it.

I have no ham, but I think I can use chopped sausages for the meat! I can use chopped green beans for the veggies. :WitchBrewsSmiley: :weber: :blob_blue:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Supper tonight!

Spaghetti Sausage & Cheese Quiche.

JoeV, you've inspired me to make this! Yours looks so good that I just HAD to do it also! :bbq: :chef:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 249

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
not comfort food, here. spinach pasta & pesto w/ a dab of tomato paste, & chix, if i can find that in my fridge. wait. thought was not okay. i prefer a kinda contrast. pesto pasta & tomato sauce is gonna be my dinner, w/ a pop.
getting old sux, yinz guys. damn.

Embryodad

img_3175-jpg.91728
img_3176-jpg.91729
img_3178-jpg.91730
Wow...looks cheesy delicious!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Supper tonight!

Spaghetti Sausage & Cheese Quiche.

JoeV, you've inspired me to make this! Yours looks so good that I just HAD to do it also! :bbq: :chef:
Yep, that sure looks good Sherm.

The wife made dinner at the daughter's house (Tacos...yuk!) before coming home, so I was going to go to the Chinese buffet to pig out on seafood. I looked at the outside thermometer and it said 9F, so I scratched that idea. Went to the fridge and decided that since I still had more veggies, that I would make a variation of Pasta Primavera. I sauteed the veggies in butter, EVOO and salsa. When the veggies were almost done I topped them with a handful of Mozzarella cheese. Boiled up some pasta shapes and mixed it all together, finishing it off with Shriracha sauce. Turned out delicious.

Attachments

• Dinner 021615.jpg
    Dinner 021615.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 265

Embryodad

Jimmy boy here, had scrambled eggs and cheese, and white toast buttered.

Tina mommy had a toasted banana sammich!....

Uncle Gabe had a steak-um with cheese on lightly toasted white American.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy boy here, had scrambled eggs and cheese, and white toast buttered.

Tina mommy had a toasted banana sammich!....

Uncle Gabe had a steak-um with cheese on lightly toasted white American.
Sounds like a Diner. :yum:

Embryodad

Sounds like a Diner. :yum:
Joe....you hit the nail right on the head.

That is exactly how this place operates....

I gotta get a sign made for the kitchen now. "Jim 'n Tina's Diner"

"The original" One Eyed One Horned Flyin Purple People EATERS!!!"
And "What a Screwy Mixed Up Menu We Have!"

Saliha

Traditional Shrove Tuesday food:

lm0grt77f5o8.jpg

Finnish Pea Soup

Another traditional dessert (instead of shrove tuesday buns) would be oven-baked pancake. Thats why this festival is also called as a Pancake Day.

:yum:

Have a Happy Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday to everyone!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Amazing, moist pork chops, oven roasted herb & olive oil redskin potatoes and garden green beans. Got out the Sweet Baby Ray's after the picture was taken. Mmmmm...
dinner-021615-jpg.91825

Embryodad

Mommy Tina cooked Susans Meatballs tonight.
Grnd beef with fresh cubed bread...egg / s & p ...onions...formed oval flat / dredged in flour / fried to brown....the a can of cream of mushroom soup on top, and in the oven 350º for till browned... About 35- 45 minutes.

Had mixed frozen veggies....and wide Dutch Noodles with butter.

Drakes Ring Dings for dessert. ... Oh I love those cakes.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just finished the last of the Spaghetti Sausage Quiche.

Making chicken pot pies tomorrow. from a half chicken breast. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Awesome dinner of s'ghetti, salad, garlic toast & fried eggplant medallions topped with Mozzarella & marinara. Mmmmmm...

Attachments

• Dinner 021815.jpg
    Dinner 021815.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 227

Shermie

Site Supporter
Chicken pot pies, As I said.

One of my brothers & his wife came over. He had TWO!!

All gone! :WitchBrewsSmiley: :wow:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 211

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a lentil-type dinner later on. bye-bye, non-veggie items. I'm debating-- Fridays, or meatless dinners, during Lent. hm.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Instant replay of a new favorite from just a few weeks ago...Broccoli-cauliflower casserole. Since casseroles aren't very pretty, I'm just posting the same picture from the first time I made it, because it looks the same. Like last time, I added 1/2C of rice (dry wt.) and 10oz. of grilled chicken breast that I diced and mixed throughout.
Base recipe from: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/11/broccoli-cauliflower-casserole/

Attachments

• Dinner 012515.jpg
    Dinner 012515.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 221

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had enough chicken mixture from yesterday to make one more pot pie, so it is in the oven now, along with some cheese-flavoer broccoli & rice cooking on the stove! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Embryodad

I had three leftover waffles I made the other day. Stuck em in the toaster oven; smeared with gobs of butter, and syrup.
DW had a yogurt. She said later on tonight, she may have a fried egg over some corned beef hash!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Hash sounds good this morning. I made the last of the chicken pot pies we froze for supper last night.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Didn't get pix.

Chicken masala, steamed asparagus w/ Holandais sauce, white wine.

Loaf of sourdough rye bread should be done rising in a hour.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken masala, steamed asoaraguw with hollandaise sauce and white wine.

The loaf of sourdough rye should be done first rising in an hour.