Sunday Supper 1/15/12.........What's cookin?

Nancy-MD

Everyone's pictures are so mouth-watering! Joe, Peep, Buzz and Jimmy, so delicious looking, all of it. Edited cause I just saw Mama's supper. Oh man!

I had a ribby dinner tonight. Barbecued pork riblets and kalbi.

Attachments

• 1.15.12 pork riblets.jpg
    1.15.12 pork riblets.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 1.15.12 kalbi.jpg
    1.15.12 kalbi.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 1.15.12.jpg
    1.15.12.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 115

Embryodad

Everyone's pictures are so mouth-watering! Joe, Peep, Buzz and Jimmy, so delicious looking, all of it. Edited cause I just saw Mama's supper. Oh man!

I had a ribby dinner tonight. Barbecued pork riblets and kalbi.
That's a winner Nancy!.... You get the Cooking.com FDA ("Food Drool Award" )today!

Embryodad

OK...When is it gonna stop??

Eating that is...

DW jumped up..after all we had to eat today..and scrolled a thought.."Why Don't I make a Blueberry Tart / Tort.... I was like uh uh uh ..Yeahhhh!

Well I just had Two pieces. the house smells so good. And my belly is ready to burst!

e4991486.jpg

2f116e39.jpg

The boo berries were frozen ones in the bag.
DW said she thinned out the batter so it would pour easy in the spring form pan...and that's why the berries sunk. That's OK with me...I'll suck em up!
The top crust was crunchy like! she did a great job!
A stick of buttah for the crust..and Yummy! Yummy!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
OK...When is it gonna stop??

Eating that is...

DW jumped up..after all we had to eat today..and scrolled a thought.."Why Don't I make a Blueberry Tart / Tort.... I was like uh uh uh ..Yeahhhh!

Well I just had Two pieces. the house smells so good. And my belly is ready to burst!

e4991486.jpg

2f116e39.jpg

The boo berries were frozen ones in the bag.
DW said she thinned out the batter so it would pour easy in the spring form pan...and that's why the berries sunk. That's OK with me...I'll suck em up!
The top crust was crunchy like! she did a great job!
A stick of buttah for the crust..and Yummy! Yummy!

Recipe Please!!:wave:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Nan your dinner is fantastic. I would love some of those ribs.

Jimmy that tart/tort looks fantastic.

Everyone meals sound wonderful.

While I knew I'd be using Oriechette pasta, the recipe I settled on was tossing it with halved grape tomatoes, fresh broccoli raab, & lots of freshly-grated parmesan cheese.

A really delicious meat-less meal, served with a big green salad.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
While I knew I'd be using Oriechette pasta, the recipe I settled on was tossing it with halved grape tomatoes, fresh broccoli raab, & lots of freshly-grated parmesan cheese.

A really delicious meat-less meal, served with a big green salad.
Did you saute the veggies before tossing with the pasta?

Yup - I did. Always do with Broccoli Raab. It reduces the bitterness substantially. Here's the recipe I adapted from several different recipes:

Breezy Orecchiette Pasta with Beans & Broccoli Raab

Half a box of Orecchiette pasta
2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound hot or sweet Italian turkey sausage, bulk or casings removed
1-2 cups chicken broth, depending on the amount of broccoli raab
1 bunch broccoli raab – lower thick stems removed & discarded
1 can Cannelini/White Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
Crushed Red Pepper flakes to taste
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Approx. 4 tablespoons butter
Approx. 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot after thinly filming the empty pot with some extra-virgin olive oil.

2. Meanwhile, heat a film of extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it’s no longer pink.

3. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute. Do NOT allow garlic to brown or burn!!!

4. Add the broth and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and simmer, covered, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.

5. Stir in the butter, tomatoes, and Parmesan and cook, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.

6. Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture, & taste for salt & additional pepper.

(Oh - & this also works perfectly well without the tomatoes if you don't have them on hand.)