Cheesy Chicken Tenders

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Cheesy Chicken Tenders

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
2 c. cheese-flavored crackers, crushed to about 1 c.
1/2 c. grated Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
Barbecue sauce OR ranch dressing

Heat oven to 400°. Spray jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch, with cooking spray.
Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips. Mix crushed crackers and cheese in large resealable plastic bag. Beat egg in large bowl; add chicken strips to egg and toss to coat. Remove chicken from egg, allowing excess to drip off; place chicken in bag of cracker mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly with cracker mixture. Place chicken strips in single layer in pan.
Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink in center.

Serve with barbecue sauce or ranch dressing.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It just so happened that I had half a box of Cheez-Its and a package of chicken tenders!

Using kitchen shears, I cut each tender in half, lengthwise and followed the directions as written.

EXCELLENT!! Crunchy outside, moist and tender inside! Delicious!

The first night, I served them with raw baby carrots and snap peas, dipping in either Marzetti's ranch dressing or Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce. I much preferred the ranch.

The second night, I reheated some chicken in the toaster oven and steamed some baby carrots and broccoli florets. Dipped every bite in the dressing - SPECTACULAR!

Great recipe, LT - I will definitely make this again!

Lee

Attachments

• Cheesy chicken tenders 1.JPG
    Cheesy chicken tenders 1.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Cheesy chicken tenders 2.JPG
    Cheesy chicken tenders 2.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 208

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, Lee !

Tese used to be an every-week thing in my house, but not so much lately, with the house almost empty...........:sad:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee and LT. I needed reminded of this one. :tiphat:

Leni

My tenders must be thinner than yours Qsis. They came out dry but still tasted very good. Next time I'll use a thicker cut.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My tenders must be thinner than yours Qsis. They came out dry but still tasted very good. Next time I'll use a thicker cut.

Yes, mine were pretty thick, Leni.

Thanks for posting your results!

Lee