Ingredient Showcase ... Pasta

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This is a Showcase of a single ingredient.

Each entry should revolve around the showcase ingredient.

There are no rules just a single dish or a meal involving the showcased ingredient.

When possible entry may include your recipe/instructions (or a link to your recipe). Pictures of your entry are always welcome and would be wonderful but not mandatory.

Let's have fun with this!!

And the star of this Showcase is ... Pasta (any variety/any shape - fresh, frozen, homemade, dry, stuffed or unstuffed)

pasta_Showcase.jpg

Some of the many pastabilities!

showcase_pasta_images.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Re: Ingredient Showcase ... Pasta ... December 2011

Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

picture.php

1/2 lb (≈ 247g ) Flat pasta such as linguine or tagliatelle - cooked and drained
2 large crowns (≈ 707g ) Broccoli florets
6 -8 Fresh garlic (Aglio) - chopped or sliced thin - to taste
1/4 cup Olive oil (Olio)
Ground hot pepper flakes - to taste
Ground Sea Salt - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken stock/broth - optional

In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté slightly (just till fragrant). Add broccoli to the pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and hot pepper. Add chicken broth and cover. Cook just till bright in color and tender. Place linguini in serving bowl. Pour broccoli and sauce over linguini.

Serve with grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses and/or seasoned bread crumbs pan toasted in butter.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Good one! I've been wanting to make some ravioli with that ravioli maker that I've only used once :huh:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Good one! I've been wanting to make some ravioli with that ravioli maker that I've only used once :huh:.
I also have one that looks like an ice cube tray with holes. I can't find the dang thing.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

I used the ravioli maker to make sausage and ricotta ravioli. Filling was Italian sausage (browned, drained, crumbled), grated parmesan, ricotta, parsley, and Italian seasoning. I used Victoria Vodka sauce, love that stuff.

Ravioli.jpg

Had a few minor problems :blush:. The first time I used the pasta machine and got the dough a little too thin and ended up having to repair a rip. This time I rolled the dough by hand, and it was a little too thick. Next time though, I aim to get it juuuussstt right.

Other small problem :bonk: was that I put the first sheet of dough on the plastic ice cube looking section, added the filling, put the second sheet of dough on, and then pressed the cutting grid on top. Wrong, wrong, wrong! I had to do a little hand cutting to get them apart.

Ravioli1.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

YUM!! That looks wonderful cooksie!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Thanks Peep! It did taste good even with all the minor problemos.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I forgot this thread was going, so I'll post my homemade cavatellis, prepared with two different sauces.

Dinner010312.jpg

P1040092.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I forgot this thread was going, so I'll post my homemade cavatellis, prepared with two different sauces.

Dinner010312.jpg

P1040092.jpg
Oh Joe they look fantastic!! What are the sauces?

BTW are those breaded chops in the first photo?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Oh Joe they look fantastic!! What are the sauces?

BTW are those breaded chops in the first photo?
Yes, those were "to die for" succulent, breaded pork chops, and the pasta has a simple Alfredo sauce on it. The other is my homemade red sauce.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Yes, those were "to die for" succulent, breaded pork chops, and the pasta has a simple Alfredo sauce on it. The other is my homemade red sauce.
YUMMY!! Thank you

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Baked penne (LOTS of cheese!)

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: