What's cooking NCT Sunday 10/21/2017 to Saturday 10/28/2017?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking NCT Sunday 10/28/2017 to Saturday 10/21/2017?

Monday's comfort Night -
Meat Loaf, Maine Mash w/ Beef Gravy, and Stinky Beans ...

Meat Loaf Dinner.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

Sunday, we ended up getting pizza and stromboli take-out from a new place that opened a couple months ago, meh... There just aren't any good pizza places close to us. They did have fairly decent garlic rolls though.

Last night was hamburger stroganoff.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter

a hot bacon/mushroom/onion/egg spinach salad. I'd forgotten how yummie . . .

Attachments

• DSC_5352.jpg
    DSC_5352.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 124

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had a good ole country dinner last night, pulled pork, corn pudding, and long-cooked green beans with a ham hock. It's been years since I cooked green beans like that and I'd forgotten how good they can be.

Attachments

• 2017-10-25 19.00.28.jpg
    2017-10-25 19.00.28.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 120

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How'd you do the pork, Med?

Do you have a recipe for the corn pudding? That looks wonderful!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
The pork is from 1 of the last batches Dogboa smoked on his Horizon. When he smokes, he loads that sucker up and then we divide up the pork and vacu-bag it for the freezer. He has a rub he makes and puts on the pork butts and smokes it low and slow until the bone will pull out easily, which is hours and hours, and that's about all I know of how he does it.

The corn recipe is https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fresh-corn-puddings-14317 . I buttered the dish and put some grated Parm R on the sides. Also, I didn't really read the recipe and just cut the corn off the cob with a knife then scraped. Going back and looking at it now, I see where it says to grate it off the cob. That would probably have been better because the corn was still really crispy crunchy. I made it all in 1 dish, one of those squarish old corning ware casserole dishes I inherited from my mother. It took about an hour and 15 minutes to cook. We had originally planned for it to have some of the hatch chiles in it, but DB made a chicken enchilada dish earlier in the week that I barely got down and told him the leftovers were his (went a bit overboard with the amount of chiles he put in) so I nixed the chiles in the corn pudding, told him I'd had enough for the week. :O)

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thursday night, we had Paul Prudhomme's red beans and rice with our homemade andouille.

Attachments

• 2017-10-27 11.08.06.jpg
    2017-10-27 11.08.06.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 115

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Porterhouse steak (DD took the filet side), corn on the cob and Knorr's rice & pasta side.

porterhouse_corn_102517_IMG_3324.JPG

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
There was a good sale on porterhouse and bone-in shell steaks, $4.77/lb. so I picked up 2 (2 steaks in each package - each package about 2 lb.) of each cut. I use 1 package to feed 4 people.

Dinner 10/27/2017 was grilled (hickory and mesquite smoke chips) porterhouse steak (shell/strip side), corn on the cob (not pictured because we ate the corn first) and macaroni salad.

porterhouse_102717_1_IMG_3331.JPG

porterhouse_mac_salad_102717_2_IMG_3335.JPG