Superbowl Sunday!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
First, I'm not the world's greatest football fan. I am a Giants' fan by proximity (father, brother, husband, son)...I'm an Eagles fan by proximity (Lou) and I'm a Saints fan because if you're not, down here...you have no where to hide. No team I am interested in is playing...they are all on vacation:wink:
However, I love a good superbowl meal! Buffalo wings, chili, ribs, nachos, 6 foot heros..

Is anyone planning a party? Anyone cooking anything great? And finally, who's playing?? :oops:

lilylove

lol... I have no idea who's playing. There is a big party planned here at the condo. Potluck. I have to think of something to bring. I'm in the mood for Deviled eggs so maybe that or baked beans with bacon and onion. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I know where it's going to be played :wink:, and I'll be watching it for sure.

Edit to add - earlier tickets were going for anywhere from $2700 to $3800 each - yikes

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to make enchiladas, with ground turkey, spinach and cream cheese.

For appetizers, some crackers with limburger and gouda cheeses that I have to start using up.

(yes, I'm counting WW points!)

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I are staying home and doing some serious Packer watching!!!!

Attachments

• SDC12536.jpg
    SDC12536.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 211

Mr. Green Jeans

Being a life long and suffering Browns fan, I'm rooting for that Pack. On the left coast, the game will be on during dinner time so I'm doing meal prep that will allow me to watch the game. Supporting the Pack, we'll have chili verde topped with cheddar cheese and flatbread on the side.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I just got a chicken...so it looks like buttermilk fried chicken and biscuits for us.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We're going Wisconsin all the way; bratwurst, cheese curds (I wish), milk, no, scratch that, they make beer in the Dairy State. :yum:

GotGarlic

I'm going to do something with Italian sausage, onions, peppers and tomato sauce. Not sure what yet. Casserole, sandwich, calzones?

PanchoHambre

we are supposed to be doing some winter grilling with some neighbors. dogs, sausages and wings to keep it simple. Some dips and salads and beans. Not really into this game but I will go for the packers over the steelers.

Mr. Green Jeans

I'm going to do something with Italian sausage, onions, peppers and tomato sauce. Not sure what yet. Casserole, sandwich, calzones?

GG, if you are Steeler fan, you have the right ingredients for a Pittsburgh hoagie. You brown the sausage, sautee the onion and pepper then place all with tomato sauce in a crock pot. Steep on low for a while then serve on a haogie bun topped with shredded Italian blend cheese.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wish I didn't have to work on this, one of the most exciting times of the year.
Go ________ !!! :whistling:

Mr. Green Jeans

This poem by Paul Gilmartin is a bit outdated but it does capture the Cheesehead spirit!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDjkBHf0IY[/ame]

K

Kimchee

We will be rooting for the Packers, but watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
Occasionally we will switch over...can't miss those commercials!

both of us will be rooting for the Packers, not that we really care either way..
we just like the Packers a touch more than the Steelers.

Tyson Wings of Fire, Velveeta and Rotel Queso dip and guacamole
is the menu.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you aren't a football fan, maybe you'll enjoy the halftime show with the Black Eyed Peas :unsure::

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyxnIM4aPyk[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whatcha cookin', Panch?

I've made ground turkey enchiladas with all the salad toppings. All I have to do is pop them in the oven for 45 minutes.

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
What Packer fans eat:

Attachments

• SDC12583.jpg
    SDC12583.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC12584.jpg
    SDC12584.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 84
  • SDC12585.jpg
    SDC12585.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 81

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That was a good game!

Nice brats. I don't know why, but I cook them in beer first and then grill.

Leni

I grilled a tri tip. Tonight we'll have French dip sandwiches. It was a good game and my team won.