The Roving Apron Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckytom

Grill Master
my mom should be canonized when she kicks the bucket.
i have 4 older sisters that i tortured as well. i think they worked hard in school just so they could go away to college...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Ya know, in the pictures you posted, she did look like a saint!

I would love for one of your sisters to join NCT just so we could hear the stories.

buckytom

Grill Master
i've invited them but no one in my family is a forum type. they've lurked and just laugh at some of the things, probably thinking they're glad it's not them anymore.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
yeah, it looks like a lot of folks wandered off. it must suck to constantly be right. quite a burden...

he heee
Just because we wandered off doesn't mean we're not still watching you. Oh, and you're NOT always right....FM is always right, but not BT.:lol::lol:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm next, Kimchee, but I will have to pass right now. I have to go to Houston to tend to my mom on Tuesday and will be there a week or so. Buzz is after me so can you send it to him next?

I's (contraction for "I was") contacted by kimchee and the apron will be headed my way. Perfect timing too because DW and I just moved into different digs and the kitchen is brand new and very functional. I can't wait to show it off.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Fran and I decided to smoke ribs, chops, and jerky today.

Attachments

• SDC11543.JPG
    SDC11543.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 186
  • SDC11544.JPG
    SDC11544.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 185
  • SDC11548.JPG
    SDC11548.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 189

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics!!!!! Very nice place. You sure are living right my friend. :D :beer: :thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Nice place, Buzz! What's the kitchen look like?

You're correct in asking. After all, this is a cooking site and the kitchen is rather neat, not huge like a couple I've had in the past but well designed. I just moved into this place a month ago. It was built in '92 but it was totally gutted and virtually everything is brand new. Thanks for the kick in the pants. I'll try and take some descent pictures and post a thread soon. :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dayum Buzz!
I'll take a plate of ribs, then have a dip in the pool, if you don't mind.

GREAT pics!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
A pool with a huge body of water in the background...I am jealous, Buzz!! And the food looks fantastic, too!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, I missed Kimchee's pics and just saw Buzz's!

Very nice photos, both of you guys - you are really handsome gentlemen!

Thanks for including pictures of your adorable pups, Kimchee, and your beautiful DW, Buzz!

So cool to see everyone in the apron!

Lee

Deelady

Wow Buzz! Beautiful!!! My husband is drooling over your smoker :) I think you just gave him a new idea for his next project....:shock::bonk:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I just sent the roving apron to Deelady and we need some more peeps on the list. Fisher's Mom is officially next but she's on hold for awhile as she is soon to be a grandmother and won't have time until later.

The List:

buzzard767 - done
Deelady
??????
??????
??????
Fisher's Mom

So put your name on the list already!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Whitchy and the Warden signed it Sunday night, and the Warden Pushed it down the Pike via UPS tuseday morning..........Lifesave, it's on its way ...........:clap:

Hey Lucky, I was re-reading this thread to see if we missed anyone, and I just noticed this. I know the Warden is your DW, but are you also related to Witchy?

Family participation is a good thing!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
OK. I merged the 2 different threads so we could follow the bouncing ball a little easier. I read through all these posts, pencil and paper in hand, and I think this is how the list stands at this point.....

Been there, done that.....

1. Doc
2. HighCheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Galvatron
7. Chowhound
8. Homecook
9. JoeV
10. Adillo
11. Love2"Q"
12. Keltin
13. Maverick
14. RobsanX
15. SilverSage
16. DanDiamond
17. Luckytrim
18. Lifesaver
19. GotGarlic
20. Buckytom
21. BamsBBQ
22. Kimchee
23. Buzz
24. Deelady

Here's where it's going from here.....

25. Vyapti
26. Mr. Green Jeans
27. SuziQuzie
28. Fisher's Mom
29. Uncle Ralph

Here are the people that wanted to be on it at some point, but found it inconvenient at the time, or who said they were considering it, but weren't sure yet. If you want to be back on the list, now is the time to speak up!

TexasGirl
Deadly Sushi
Mama
Smokeking
Lilbopeep
Lilylove
PieSusan

Anyone else is welcome to add their name, just post here and I'll keep track. New folks who didn't know about this might want to jump in now, before it's over.

We're doing great! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.