Vitamix vs. Ninja, Blendtec & Montel. Which One would you Prefer to Get?

Shermie

Site Supporter
There are now a few makers of high-tech super-powered muscular blenders who are competing with Vitamix Corporation who claim that even though their machines, even though they are cheaper, that they can still measure up to Vitamix's line of high-power blenders.

These machines go outside of the ordinary ones for home use, surpassing them in performance, strength, muscular power, versatility and all-around food preperation. But wich one is considered to be the Cream of the Crop, The King of the jungle or the true clear-cut winner in this survey of the super-powered blenders.

I'd have to go with Vitamix. I think they've been around a lot longer that the other three, have been making high-tech machines that have exceptional quality, performance, reliability, dependability and what I feel has the longest waranty period over all of the other brands!! And they have prduced more machines and have mastered the art of culinary food prep down to a science!
wink.gif

Shermie

Site Supporter
For anyone wanting a Vitamix machine, but don't want to pay full price, their website offers & sells refurbished machines for far below the retail price of the newer ones costing upwards of close to $700.

Same quality, service, dependability, reliability and warranties. I'm considering doing this when I'm ready to buy one! :eating2:

Guts

Sherman

I have a Vita mix machine it is unbelievable they even make commercial ones that you might be able to find in a used restaurant supply store. I think you are correct that they warrantee their machines for seven years even the remanufactured ones which are just like new. The thing I like the most about mine is the tamping rod that you can push stuff down to the blade like when I make ice cream with it out of frozen fruit. I don't think there's any substitute for these machines even though there are many new high-powered machines that have copied this technology it's the shape of the blender itself and the blade system. If you get one I don't think you'll be disappointed, but they are expensive I think mine was just over $400 but when I use it I know why it costs that much. I guess what I'm trying to say here is I really like my Vita mix machine.

First post in a long time I try to drop by more often now. I've been working on a 30 foot Catalina sailboat that I purchased. Getting it ready to cruise the summer. Although it has felt like summer around here recently. They say we might get showers tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath.

Kim a.k.a. guts

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sherman

I have a Vita mix machine it is unbelievable they even make commercial ones that you might be able to find in a used restaurant supply store. I think you are correct that they warrantee their machines for seven years even the remanufactured ones which are just like new. The thing I like the most about mine is the tamping rod that you can push stuff down to the blade like when I make ice cream with it out of frozen fruit. I don't think there's any substitute for these machines even though there are many new high-powered machines that have copied this technology it's the shape of the blender itself and the blade system. If you get one I don't think you'll be disappointed, but they are expensive I think mine was just over $400 but when I use it I know why it costs that much. I guess what I'm trying to say here is I really like my Vita mix machine.

First post in a long time I try to drop by more often now. I've been working on a 30 foot Catalina sailboat that I purchased. Getting it ready to cruise the summer. Although it has felt like summer around here recently. They say we might get showers tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath.

Kim a.k.a. guts

Yeah, I've seen the Ninja machine advertized in a commercial where the woman brags & says that the Ninja (supposedly) does everything that the Vitamix machine can do, and says that its price is cheaper than the Vitamix machine.

I'll also help unravel the mystery behind this supposedly equal competitor to the Vitamix machine.

1. The Ninja machine claims to have a motor that is 2.5 hp at 1,500 watta - equal to, or stronger than the one in the Vitamix at 2.2 peak hp. Motor power, in most cases, is not measured by wattage or horsepower in small appliances, but rather by torgue. Proof of this comes by the motor's ability to mix or knead dough for bread. How far can the Ninja make dough before something just gives up?

According to statistics, a few of the other other blenders can knead dough other than the Vitamix. Other blender motors could possibly become hot-burnt and start smoking.

2. The Ninja machine claims that it can make soup like the Vitamix machine can, Well yeah, it CAN make soup, but there are setbacks in the process of it. It can't pulverize the veggies fine enough to make a very smooth soup and the soup does NOT get hot like in the Vitamix. Why?

Because the blades in the Nija can't spin as fast as the blades in the Vitamix. Therefore, the soup stays cold and barely gets even warm. It is the speed and friction against the food in the Vitamix container that help pulverize the soup more and can generate enough speed and friction to comfortably process the soup and make it hot as if it were boiling in a pot on the stove!

3. The Ninja uses plastic drive parts for the connection point just above the motor base and in the container. Its multi-tier blade system mounted on the plastic drive post is just a gimmick to try to convince consumers that it is a better processing system. Fact is, that this type of system can quite possibly fail and begin to deteriorate quite prematurely.

The drive system in the Vitamix machine consists of metel-to-metal contact. The blades are of hevy duty thick heavy guage surgical stainless steel. the drive connection just above the motor base is made of metal, as is the short drive post for the blades. This type of system is designed to work better faster and last far longer. The Vitamix system does not need a secondary blade system. It has ALWAYS used this same system to process foods thoroughly for many years.

4. The container for the Vitamix is a thick guage polyurathine space-age material so solidly contructed that you can stand and bounce on it and it will not crack or break. The Ninja uses a very complex lid locking system with a fold-up part for the spout, and even THAT can fail in a short time.

Vitamix has a complete tall one-piece locking lid that won't crap out and will last far longer.

5. The Ninja machine is made in China, hence its cheaper plastic drive parts. The Vitamix machine is proudly made in the USA.

6. The power cord on the Vitamix machine is of heavy duty construction & design, making it last for the life of the machine.

7. The Vitamix Professional 750 has an extra added safety feature to help protect small children who may attempt to tamper with or use the machoine without supervision. It has a kill switch on the side of the machine that while still pluged into a live outlet, can disable all functions of the machine.

Yeah, at times, cheaper isn't always better, but when you look at all the the things that the Vitamix machine has, you just migh stop and wonder if a cheaper brand is really worth getting!

Sorry, Ninja owners. Nothing against you at all. But those are the facts. :eating2:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's more proof of the Vitamix vs. the Ninja machine. :eating2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWb41309PuI[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Will it blend without the tamper? You be the judge. :eating2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ELqMEp8pw[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Great to hear!!

Here's the Vitamix machine tested in comparison to the Blentec machine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5gB6ySM_00[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Even the Montel Healthmaster beat the Ninja with making a green smoothie health drink!

The Montel Healthmaster even has a tamper (next to the machine), which the Ninja does NOT have.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcCHMxcHbrA[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's another supposed high-powered blender from Waring.

Look how ridiculously long it took to make a smoothie when the machine was turned on!! And the Vitamix machine next to it wasn't even tested!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgje8EBTwkk[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's another one - the Oyster Versa.

The guy who did the testing says that even though some of the parts look similar to the Vitamix, it does NOT perform as good as the Vitamix machine.

But he says that the Oster Versa performs far better than the Ninja! He tested them both doing the Green Smoothie - a health veggie drink. :eating2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5otDbP4YAM[/ame]

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The Oster Versa looks pretty impressive, though! It is almost shaped like some of the Vitamix models. Ad it also has metal-to-metal contact drive linkage like the Vitamix machines.

I'd probably consider THIS one if I don't get the Vitamix machine! :eating2:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
ATK tests narrows it down to two - Vitamix and Breville Hemisphere:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZArusuuQrc[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the Apple Test - performed by the Vitamix Professional 750 and the Oster Versa.

Needless to say, the Vitamix professional 750 did a better job! It made the apple puree more blended than the Oster Versa.

Still, I've narrowed it down to two, the Vitamix and the Oster Versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lcSm_bi9nM

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the Oster Versa -a high-powered machine (pictured below) that looks almost like certain models of the Vitamix machines.

Kinda makes one wonder if it was made by Vitamix at all, because it has some of the same things that the Vitamix machines have, such as metal-to-metal drive parts for the motor shaft and the blade, a short container and a powerful 1,400-watt motor that can spin the blade at 28,000 rpm or 250 mph to quickly & powerfully pulverize fruits & veggies for smoothies and for creating enough friction against the food to heat up & cook soups right inside the container!

Looks pretty impressive!
wink.gif
:eating2:

Attachments

• Oster Versa.jpg
    Oster Versa.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Guts

I think the Vita mix blender efficiency also has to do with the design of the container. To me there is no substitute for these machines, just my opinion.

Shermie

Site Supporter
They are very good according to the company, but who in the world, especially those like me who are on a fixed income, would want to pay close to $700 for one?!

I'm aware that as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, but these machines are so astronomically pricy! They are problably the most expensive machines on the market! The cheapest one costs $400 at BB&B! Even if you were to buy a certified reconditioned or refurbished one from the company's website, you're still going to pay at least just over $500 for it!

Only the privelidged few who can afford it would probably buy one. Machines costing half as much or even 1/3 that price could do just as good a job.

I even checked out the Breville machine, and even though it was given very high ratings behind the Vitamix Pro 750, it has NO soup setting - something that I'd want for soup in a hurry. So that probably tells me that its motor can't spin the blade fast enough to get the friction needed to make hot soups.

That being said, anything like the Ninja would not be accommodating. And even though the Ninja can make soup, it, also, can't spin the blade fast enough to make the soups hot. To be able to do hot soups, smoothies, health drinks and dips would be the only I'd ever want in one of these machines.

And to me, the Oster Versa would be the only I'd ever invest money in to buy, since it pretty much has the same things that the Vitamix machines have. :eating2:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just realized why the Ninja can't make soups hot.

Thought about this and I slowly began to put 2 & 2 together. The Ninja's motor never reaches 28,000 rpm or over 250 mph - the speed that's needed to help create enough friction from the blade against food & liquid to make steaming hot soups.

Because it's drive linkage is all plastic. Plastic drive posts can't survive or take that amount of speed because it would have a serious meltdown and either fuse together with the blade in the container, or the motor would most definitely seize & burn out, causing a disaster!

People would be returning those machines left & right because they'd be burnt out and dangerous! It took me a long time to think about this, which in MY book, tells me that the Ninja is very flimsily made and does not have the credentials to stand up to far better machines made with more durable parts.

The Ninja's warranty is only for a year, while Vitamix & the Oster Versa both have the same 7-year warranty against breakdowns! That's the difference between the Ninja and the others.
frown.gif

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I wish that I had one!

But the Oster Versa comes pretty close, in light of it having some of the same things that the Vitamix machines have! :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I got a trip coming up near the end of May. I'll more than likely make up my mind in June as to which machine I'll get, and it will most likely be the Oster Versa or the Vitamix.

It DEFINITELY WON'T be the Ninja though!! It is too flimsily made and it gives me the creepy feeling that it won't last long before something breaks on it!!

If I can get the Vitamix Pro 750 in a refurbished machine, a 7-year warranty and a payment plan, then I'll go that route. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's what the Vitamix blender looked like about 35 - 40 years ago.

It was mostly all-metal, the container had a spigot and the tamper was a wooden one. :eating2:

Attachments

• Vintage Vitamix Blender..jpg
    Vintage Vitamix Blender..jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 228

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's another high-power blender - the Dash 80. Comes in four different colors.

Most blender brands come with tall containers. I want one with the short container so that it fits under the kitchen cabinets easily. :eating2:

Attachments

• Dash 80 Blender.png
    Dash 80 Blender.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 198

Shermie

Site Supporter
It looks like the Oster Versa will be the clear-cut choice! Still doing research on it, but I'm liking what I hear about it.

Was also looking at the Blentec Designer Series machines, but they are $100 more that the Oster Versa. But I want the one with the short jar & the soup program! Not that ugly looking one that has an 1,100 motor and no soup program!!

Oster itself sells it directly from their website, and they offer a monthly payment plan of $99 installments. It costs $300, but you also get a set of to-go thermos bottles and two mini processing jars!! :eating2: