Jungle Jim's International Market

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Woooooow, that looks like my kind of place, Sass!

I'd be in there for DAYS!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Never seen one of those before, but from the looks of it, I could LIVE in that store. I wish one were near here.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin and Lee.
I see a trip in my future after the holidays are over!!
Gawd, can you imagine what it must be like there NOW? lol

Mr. Green Jeans

Sass, back in our Ohio days, we made a trip to JJ's right before Thanksgiving to stock up on holiday baking. It is truly a destination place. How many groceries have an entire aisle dedicated to hot sauce? Love the place and for anyone in or near Cincinnati, with a penchant for cooking, needs to go there!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
What a grand place!! I could spend days there, I'm sure. Did anyone notice those big giraffes in one of the pictures? The art gallery where I show my paintings has two about that size (mama and baby), made of beautifully finished papier mache. Jerry has taken a liking to them and is buying them for our new upstairs patio, which over looks the street. We will become known as La Casa de Jirafa.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, back in our Ohio days, we made a trip to JJ's right before Thanksgiving to stock up on holiday baking. It is truly a destination place. How many groceries have an entire aisle dedicated to hot sauce? Love the place and for anyone in or near Cincinnati, with a penchant for cooking, needs to go there!
Thanks!
Since you've actually been there, that really makes me want to go now.

Mr. Green Jeans

JJ's is a great story. He was given the opportunity to run a roadside stand sellinf sweet corn and melons that his father grew on their farm as a means to pay for his college education. Well, a double garage kit was the first structure and now the portico to his store. He never did graduate from college as the retail business took off. Now they claim to have more food items than any other location east of the Mississippi.

IamSam

Going to JJ's is an event. You can get lost in there. Great fresh seafood and produce, and a pretty good beer and wine selection, too. The bathrooms are a hoot -- the entrances are port-a-potties. You walk in, only to find an expansive (and very clean) restroom.

It's also neat to look at the pics they have of how this place started as a rickety roadside stand that grew into the foodie mecca that it is today.

Mr. Green Jeans

Don't know if it has changed but at the checkout, JJ's used over run and misprint bags. You might get a Piggly Wiggly, Safeway or Ace Hardware.