2 sweet potatoes
4 eggs
2 stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
1 1/3 cup mayonnaise, more or less
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 tbsp. prepared mustard
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt

1. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add potatoes and cook for about 30 minutes or until they start to become tender. Drain and allow to cool, then peel and dice.
2. Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and allow to cool, then peel and roughly chop.
3. Combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion.
4. Whip together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture, mix well to coat. Refrigerate and serve chilled.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting, LT!

This might make me like sweet potatoes a little more, while making my potato salad a healthier side dish!

I mix the eggs and potatoes and mayo together while the eggs and potatoes are still hot. Mushes them up a little. And serve warm .... delicious!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
that's the way Granny did it............

I've reversed the measure of the two spuds, but that was a little over the top .

pharmerphil

well, since we have a pantry full of Yukon's and a storage bin full of sweets....this sounds like my "next best move" we will give this a go..
most likely I will add a tsp. of dry mustard also, and sub. our homemade mustard..