I'm gonna have to watch American Idol....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I haven't watched it in years but I'm gonna have to watch it this year. I watched Micah Johnson grow up in my church. He has always been a sweet, humble kid with an absolutely amazing voice. He first tried out for American Idol when he was 16 but they said they thought he was too young. He was crushed but he didn't give up. He ended up joining the Navy a few years ago and he's been stationed in San Diego. He gets out in May so he decided to give it another shot when they came to Long Beach and he made it!

He had his tonsils out last year and they hit a nerve and messed up his speaking voice but, Thank God, it didn't effect his singing voice. If you get a chance to watch him, he will be the last contestant in the Long Beach edition. It airs Wednesday night.

I'm so proud of him!!!!

Here's a preview:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkltt4csuIU[/ame]

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck to him Mama. Keep us posted as I don' it.t watch

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I watch it every year. I will be rooting for Micah, Mama!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Did anyone get to see it? I'm so very proud of him! He had a fantastic audition!!!! :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Micah blew the judges totally away! And me, too!

What a great success story already!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm almost as proud as his mama is :biggrin:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Roz (his mama) has an amazing voice too.

Bells

I've been watching it and he really stood out. I always make a short list of favorites while I am watching it and he is on it. I wish him luck!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, Mama, it didn't take long for us to find out Micah's fate, did it? He was the first one up.

I don't want to spoil it for fans West of us.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
YEP! So far so good! :clap:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug33nSWSgNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dvXJVuF_Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You know who else I like? The really small guy. What a great, powerful voice!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I really like him too! I saw a spoiler list of who made the top 12 and neither him nor Micah are on the list. I sure hope they are wrong. I'd like to see both of them make it. I guess we'll find out tonight!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Micah's gonna be singing some Randy Travis tonight! I can't wait! :w00t:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be....

I'm so very proud of him. He handled it with grace and showed himself to be truly a class act and the son his mama raised him to be.

:sad:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, my little guy didn't make it, either.

Shame, I would have loved to have been rooting for Micah and the little guy throughout this season.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nicki was down right mean to the little guy. I think she was probably having issues with Mariah and and the little guy got in the line of fire.

PanchoHambre

Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be....

I'm so very proud of him. He handled it with grace and showed himself to be truly a class act and the son his mama raised him to be.

:sad:

really mama that's what important, your man can sing no doubt, he left with class and dignity - much respect.

I admit, i do watch this show - not religiously but because fox is my morning program of choice - i dont even know why? i think before i had cable they were the best reception, now they are familiar so i watch them - AI just tends to be on when I get home - I leave the TV on all day for the pups

I Love Mariah - never bought her music (i am more a punk/metal guy) but just grew up with her - she's my generation, she's from QNS!, she kept a career all these years never went crazy, never got all messed up, and never sopped being a middle class queens girl (like Jenny from da Bock LOL) - M is for real - Nikki, i dont even know what to say, Mariah could eat that little b*&%^ for lunch - she has no respect, she will be forgotten soon, she is a product. Mariah, never a critics favorite, will be around for decades, she is a real diva. I wish she would just pound Nikki into the earth but she's has too much class.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Micah has received a lot of encouragement on his facebook page. He just posted this pic on his wall along with a note saying, "lets see whats next everyone." Hmmmmm.........I wonder what that means?

537926_10152573474030601_254704741_n.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay, so now he shares the video with "I told you so" where he was eliminated and he posts a smilie face emoticon......interesting......I wasn't going to watch anymore but I'm thinking I might watch at least this week just in case.......you never know....I hate it that he is so limited in what he can say.