p013lw7.jpg

ABT's and Ribs finished

p014zb5.jpg

p018pz7.jpg

p020hd0.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
and ABT is called an Atomic Buffalo Turd

its a jalapeno hollowed out...stuff with cheese and whatever u want, wrapped in bacon...smoked until soft and gooey and yummy..lol

Inquiring minds what to know what cheese did you use as these sound great to me too. Ribs I can make but the ABT I've never tried. :mrgreen:

chowhound

I use cream cheese with diced onion in it. And stuff the Jalapeno with a cheddar Lil Smokie, too. Let the cream cheese soften and it's more workable. And if he bacon is room temp, it will stick to itself as you stretch and wrap so you won't need toothpicks. And for Pete's sake, where some latex gloves or similar when you're making these! You know what I'm talking about guys.... :ohmy:

Here's some I made a while back

Attachments

• 11-16abts.jpg
    11-16abts.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 82

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Inquiring minds what to know what cheese did you use as these sound great to me too. Ribs I can make but the ABT I've never tried. :mrgreen:

i used cream cheese mixed with a mexican blend cheese that came in a bag... those ones had little shrimp in them as well

I use cream cheese with diced onion in it. And stuff the Jalapeno with a cheddar Lil Smokie, too. Let the cream cheese soften and it's more workable. And if he bacon is room temp, it will stick to itself as you stretch and wrap so you won't need toothpicks. And for Pete's sake, where some latex gloves or similar when you're making these! You know what I'm talking about guys.... :ohmy:

Here's some I made a while back

i usually dont wear gloves for japs but for others i have.. i have also made these with anaheim peppers.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just copied a couple of recipes for these one that uses 1 habanero sliced into a piece for each of the 16 peppers it calls for. It doesn't use Jalapeños though. I was also thinking that the jalapeño jack cheese in this might work too.

16 serrano peppers
1 habanero pepper
1 lb hot chorizo sausage
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
16 slices thick pepper bacon

chowhound

Hey. Remember those smoked hard-boiled eggs ask-a-butcher posted? I've got to remember to give those a try.
And I'm interested to see what you come up with Jeeks....

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've been wanting to do some Scottish eggs myself and might for the super bowl.