Grilled Eggs. That's right, grilled eggs

GrillinFool

Has anyone had Scotch Eggs? It's an app served in some of the bars around St. Louis Basically, they take a hard boiled egg, wrap a layer of sausage around it and deep fry it for a couple of minutes to cook the sausage. They they slice them in half lengthwise and serve them with a honey mustard sauce. I love them.

I decided to take a stab at them the Grillin Fools way. So instead of deep frying them I smoked them and instead of a honey mustard dipping sauce I used BBQ sauce. It was sorta like an egg stuffed fatty. And as an added bonus, they reheat really well. Makes for a really quick breakfast of sausage and eggs.

Spread the sausage out and place the egg in the middle:
GSE3.JPG

Coat them in some granulated garlic and fresh ground pepper:
GSE5.JPG

On the grill with some ribs:
GSE7.JPG

Sliced:
GSE10.JPG

A little darker shot to see that smoke ring:
GSE11.JPG

buckytom

Grill Master
man, those look good, grill.

i have to remember that for the next camping trip. it's a great breakfast idea, and i'll bet it would work over a fire on a stick.

thanks.

Bilby

Traditionally done in breadcrumbs before frying, they are (supposedly) eggselent picnic food as you can eat them cold. Could never come to grips with them myself, although I don't know why, I eat cold eggs and I eat cold sausages, and I eat them both hot, individually and as part of a fry up! Think it was the deep frying bit that always put me off. They are served in lunch bars here as a standard food item.

Yours look good and quite do-able, although not owning a BBQ, a pan will have to suffice for me!