What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/24/2013 to Sat. 3/2/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner. DW had scrambled eggs and I had a 2-cheese omelet. The bacon was twice smoked from the Slovenian butcher, and the toast was my 70% hydration Italian-wheat bread recipe that I made Sunday.

Dinner022613_zps01de4dc0.jpg
That looks amazing Joe!!

Did you post the 70% recipe? It looks so good.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner. DW had scrambled eggs and I had a 2-cheese omelet. The bacon was twice smoked from the Slovenian butcher, and the toast was my 70% hydration Italian-wheat bread recipe that I made Sunday.

Dag, that looks NICE!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hed this this morning. Cajiun brown rice with a scrambled egg.

Still some left. I'll have it with some mixed veggies.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 285

Embryodad

I got left behind in the abyss.......
I posted yesterday on the last week day of Saturday....LOL

I guess it's because I am on Metric Time:wave:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made "Chinese Braised Hamburgers"

Just a do as I saw fit seasonings by shooting off the hip!
I couldn't repeat the recipe if I tried...LOL

The next door Neighbor sent over some ShopRite Kielbasi and Potatoes and Kraut for us to try. Not Bad! I didn't eat the potatoes.

Tina made the Mincemeat pie for me last night. Jarred Mincemeat was ok, but not many raisins.
She used the old world bars recipe for the crust and topping.
Sweet....for my taste anyway, but Good!

chineseburgersandrice00.jpg

Embryodad

The daughters and two grandkids came to spend the day, so I made course ground chuck burgers, onion buns, roasted sweet potato fries and tossed salad. Choc chip & peanut butter cookies for dessert. Too busy cooking and serving to take pics, but there were no leftovers so it must have been good.
Busy!??? .... Yeah Pops! I know what you mean.

When we had DD's Birthday meal / party on Sunday...(that I stupidly didn't place it in this new weeks post place) We all got our plates; sat down, and there was a silence and pause. DIL said,'Well Dad, where's the camera to take pictures first?"

I said,"Oh! geepers, I was just about to say Grace; and I thought that was what the silence and pause was for!".........

The real reason was...they didn't want to get their picture taken with a load of food in their cheeks! ......

Embryodad

Looks lip smackin good Joe!

Embryodad

-blend of baby greens/fruit/feta/kalamatas/cuke ranch & pomegranate viniagrette/proscuitto-wrapped mozzarella
-spaghetti rigati w/ redd sauce
-strawberry fruit & juice bar/& rice milk
Wow!... Love that food layout!

That spaghetti takes the prize for me! ... Yum!

Neat color Fruit bar! Did ya get red stains on yer lips? LOL

PanchoHambre

lovin that Salad Luvs and Mama's Burger!

Tonight Veggie Enchiladas

veggies, black beans and brown rice w/whole wheat tortillas - so healthy until it was smothered in cheese LOL

DSCN0402_zps335884eb.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
soup, then another soup & salad.

Attachments

• IMG_1975963soup.jpg
    IMG_1975963soup.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1969965soup2.jpg
    IMG_1969965soup2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1970964dinner226.jpg
    IMG_1970964dinner226.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 275

thegrindre

I said I was making egg salad in another thread but I changed my mind cuz I'm out of bread.
Just as I was about to cut up the eggs, I realized my dilemma and changed in mid stream to make deviled eggs instead.
I only prepare three eggs for myself and had to eat one.

Attachments

• deggs.jpg
    deggs.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 285

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx fer the compliments, guys. appreciate them. yinz' food looks awesome. ph, i'm gonna hafta make plenty of salads- i have a plastic container of salad greens & 2 packs of other un-opened salad blends. (i see now why ppl actually look in thier kitchens before they get groceries.)

dinner tonite is gonna be buffalo chix sammiches w/ slaw & i'll cut a few fries & carrot stix w/ dip. i hafta see if the 'iggle has got streusel cake, too.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy: Pancho, those enchiladas look amazing.

After seeing luvs spaghetti, I think we will be having spaghetti and meatballs tonight.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everything looks and sounds great!

Thinking of msking a pasta primavera for dinner tonight.

Embryodad

I had Chinese fried cabbage and noodles tonight that Tina cooked for me!
So Far...So Good; as far as Trapped gas!
It was delicious.
That head of cabbage was a nice big one, and it cooked (fried) down to a little bit!

It was delicious and tasty, and the house did not stink like sulphur burning! ( actually>Farts)

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I nuked the rest of my Chinese from last night and the leftover fried taters and onions from the steak dinner. Was great and should give me great gas!:yum::yum:

thegrindre

I made my Shrimp and Pasta delight with a side of garlic toast. It was quick and easy. I didn't feel like cooking much.

That bread of yours looks scrumptious

:).

PanchoHambre

That looks sooo good! Is the recipe around here?

I am not really good with recipes, its totally wingable you need:

Veggies of choice (Onion, Carrot, Peppers and some kind of Greens will do and 1/2 pkg frozen corn)
a few cloves of garlic
1 cup brown rice (cooked)
1 can black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes w green chili
1 can tomato sauce
Spices - you can use chili powder or cumin and cayenne, parsley, oregano whatever you like - spicy or mild as you want
jalepenos and black olives for topping
whole wheat tortillas
block of jack, or colby

saute veg (except greens & corn cooked) in olive oil til well sweated, add tomatoes, sauce and spices and simmer til tender

fill each tortilla with a bit of cheese, beans, corn, rice and some of the tomato/veg mix (use slotted spoon so you get more of the chunks)

Place filled rolled tortillas seam down in baking dish

pour remaining tomato veg mix (and any other leftover filling but rice) on top
cover in remaining shredded cheese (should be 2/3ds you don't want to much inside

bake 350 covered for 45 min then uncover 5 min

done when sauce is boiling

basically all that matters is you fill and roll the tortillas with some sort of cooked veg a bit of cheese and sauce and cover with more sauce and cheese and bake - pretty adaptable. I make enchiladas all the time never the same way A good way to use up stuff.

Tonight was pot roast (defrosted LOL) and mashed turnips with greens

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
blake gave an effort toward making dinner this evening. effort. methinx i'll cook tonite's dinner. is the thought that counts.

Attachments

• blakeucantcookudik.jpg
    blakeucantcookudik.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Bells

I am not really good with recipes, its totally wingable you need:

Veggies of choice (Onion, Carrot, Peppers and some kind of Greens will do and 1/2 pkg frozen corn)
a few cloves of garlic
1 cup brown rice (cooked)
1 can black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes w green chili
1 can tomato sauce
Spices - you can use chili powder or cumin and cayenne, parsley, oregano whatever you like - spicy or mild as you want
jalepenos and black olives for topping
whole wheat tortillas
block of jack, or colby

saute veg (except greens & corn cooked) in olive oil til well sweated, add tomatoes, sauce and spices and simmer til tender

fill each tortilla with a bit of cheese, beans, corn, rice and some of the tomato/veg mix (use slotted spoon so you get more of the chunks)

Place filled rolled tortillas seam down in baking dish

pour remaining tomato veg mix (and any other leftover filling but rice) on top
cover in remaining shredded cheese (should be 2/3ds you don't want to much inside

bake 350 covered for 45 min then uncover 5 min

done when sauce is boiling

basically all that matters is you fill and roll the tortillas with some sort of cooked veg a bit of cheese and sauce and cover with more sauce and cheese and bake - pretty adaptable. I make enchiladas all the time never the same way A good way to use up stuff.

Tonight was pot roast (defrosted LOL) and mashed turnips with greens
Thanks! That's the way I cook too. I can't wait to try these.

Embryodad

I just called it a Yum Yum Sandwich!

I was busy working on the car today....so Tina fried bacon for me so I can have a Bacon / egg / and cheese on a toasted Bagel.
OMG it was so good. Tina said I ate it with finess! LOL

yumyumsandwich003.jpg

I love those Thomas' Soft bagels. They stay in the refrigerator for days, and are fresh tasting all the time.