What's cooking NCT Sunday 12/4/2016 to Saturday 12/10/2016?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
How do you cook the peas? What will you serve with them?

I just rinse and sort, put them in the cp with chicken stock, sometimes water, some ham pieces, and some chopped onion. I've got yellow squash and stuff to make a ho-hum salad. I don't have a lot to choose from in the meat dept since my freezer went out.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got four skinny drumsticks that won't do for a meal, so it's Chicken and Dumplings tonight !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The Christmas party dinners were wonderful.
Two choices of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with bacon, dinner rolls, salads and cheese cake.
Then there was chicken parm with garlic bread and the same green beans.
I chose the roast beef.
No cheesecake for me as I'd already been in the Buckeyes from the Christmas snack table prior. lol

There were a lot of dinners left behind.
Most of the 3rd shift crew had gone to the party, except for a few.
They were happy to have those to reheat tonight.
The night janitor and laundry lady said they'd take anything left behind home.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I was given a stovetop smoker as an early Christmas gift. I am planning to try it out with burgers and dogs tonight. Turkey breast is on sale till tomorrow, so I hopefully I will be able to grab one tomorrow. Smoked turkey breast is wonderful.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was given a stovetop smoker as an early Christmas gift. I am planning to try it out with burgers and dogs tonight. Turkey breast is on sale till tomorrow, so I hopefully I will be able to grab one tomorrow. Smoked turkey breast is wonderful.

Oh, Peep, PLEASE post photos of your stovetop smoker and your meals, along with your impressions of the thing!

I'm intrigued! :bounce:

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh, Peep, PLEASE post photos of your stovetop smoker and your meals, along with your impressions of the thing!

I'm intrigued! :bounce:

Lee

I think Shermie has one of these.

81XgRwF3qaL__SL1500_.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Enjoyed a dinner at Cabo with my friend Jane.
Steak fajitas for both of us.
Prior to that we made peanut brittle and Christmas tree cookies to take to a church bazaar.
Prior to that we put Christmas lights up around her front porch and froze our buns off in the process. :yum:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday was sooo easy !

Ham Hoagies and Creamy Potato Salad from the Deli .......

Tonight will be a small Meat Loaf..........

Saliha

Meat-root vegetable loaf, filled with chanterelles, few slices of bacon on the top:

ZaZh1pb.jpg

It´s for Sunday´s lunch; only I need to do is boil some potatoes and make salad and then... yummy!

:readytoeat:

And some ice cream for the dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made a quick meat sauce (ground beef, Onion, garlic and basil. Dry oregano, spices, EVOO, burgundy wine and can PLAIN tomato sauce) over Ronzoni quick cook rotini. This was first time I used this pasta and I like it. It cooked in exactly 3 minutes. It's nice thin small rotini. I will make it again.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Change-o-plans ......... We got a dinner invite to the BIL's house, so that meat loaf will be today.......... Glazed carrots and a three-cheese mashed