Cleaned out the aprtment.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last week, I just got done cleaning out the apartment, since this bullying & cowardly landlord made that unannounced surprised visit with the fire & police depts. in an attempt to "catch me with my pants down"!

It took a week to get all of the unwanted clutter out of the apartment & into a storage cube that I began renting. A very dear friend had helped me get the stuff over to the storage facility.

Without him, it would've taken much longer!! We took the stuff over by making many trips in the car, packing boxes and storage bins in the car's trunk & back seat until the last load was taken over last Wednesday. I won't be buying any more kitchen toys for now.

I rented a medium size cube. The apartment is now clutter free, with most of the stuff being emptied from the back room, kitchen, living room & the hallway. My lawyer has suggested getting rid of the excess clutter so that if or when this cowardly landlord makes another unannounced visit, he won't find any clutter. I took before & after pics to give to my lawyer so that he can document them and use them against my landlord in court.

I'm also suing him for a variety of violations - one of them mainly because he went over to his sister's building & took my deposit from her in the amount of $950 for an apartment there that I was given the keys for, but was friggen turned down for, which is over half of my monthly income every month!!

I'm going to get him where it hurts the most - right in his wallet!!! :weber: :blob_blue:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a nightmare. There are no winners in this kind of situation. Good luck hitting him where it hurts.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Doc & Sass Muffin!

My lawyer has also permitted me to withhold the rent & put it in escrow until he fixes all of the violations that are associated with the apartment!! If he does not by the time that I find another apartment & move, he'll lose out on that also!!

I'm also suing him for his mishandling of the security deposit, for harassment, retaliation, name calling, entering the apartment without proper notice and other things. He was told to cease & descist by my lawyer, and he did not, so he's in for a rude awakening, and he's about to be bonked on the head!!! :bonk:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Don't go that far, Shermie lol

Everything will work out in the end, and you'll soon be happy and settled once again.

What I mean by that is that he's about to be losing a lot of money when I'm done with him.

No violence, even though that seems to be what he's trying to get me to do!!

I'm just saying that I'll get him in his wallet, since he became so insanely greedy and does not give a damn about his two tenants any more, who were once so loyal to him!! :wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The housing inspector was back yesterday.

After looking at my neighbor's apt on the 3rd floor, he came up to look at my apt again. He said that some more stuff has to be moved out so that the landlord and make repairs.

I told him that the landlord is not putting any money into the building, therefore, he's not fixing anything. Which means that if he does not fix the things that are broken, he won't get any rent money from us. oh well!!

The lawyer told us both to put it in escrow until everything is fixed. And should I happen to find another apt and moved into it, oh well, he gets nothing!! :weber: :bbq3:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hope you find another place soon and get the heck out of there. A situation like this is very stressful and hard on a person. The satisfaction you get holding out his rent will fade and the BS from the landlord will continue. Good luck.

Guts

I hope you find another place soon and get the heck out of there. A situation like this is very stressful and hard on a person. The satisfaction you get holding out his rent will fade and the BS from the landlord will continue. Good luck.

Doc I don't think I could've said it any better. I think it's time to move on, and find a new place

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, but you guys probably don't know how hard it is to try to find a apartment.

I've been looking since April.

This morning, he just snapped and provoked an argument with the guy downstairs and myself!! He's calling me hate names and has now started a hate crime!!

As I came back into my apt to close the door, he kicked it open several times and wouldn't let me close it!! Then he got in and attacked me by putting his hands around my neck & choking me!! Finally, I was able to shove him pout enough to get the door closed and locked!!

Called the cops. They came out, but they just wouldn't arrest him!!

He's still trying to put us out without going to court first!!! The court date was changed to a later date because my lawyer is making it a jury trial. I'm already suing him for other things, but now, assault & batter on a disabled person will be added to the many charges that we plan to nail him with!!

This guy had flipped a gasket and has lost his everloving mind!! And he's blaming US for it all, because we refuse to leave until we find and apt first!! We think that he lost out on the deal to complete the sale of the building!! Both my neighbor & I have the same lawyer now! :ohmy:

The next time that he barges into my apt and it is not work- related or an emergency, then I'm gonna grab the nearest thing and knock him smooth the $%^$ out!!:angry::boxing:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks.

The building needs a lot of work done to it.

This madman has not done anything in the last several years to try to fix it! He just plain Mickey-Mouses everything!

Since I'm on a fixed income and am disabled, it would just be a lot easier for me if I just find and another apt to rent, and get the hell outta here asap.

I've submitted a letter from my doctor today, to the housing authority, to expedite things faster, in hopes of getting an apt through them in a hurry!!
Yes, the idea of a security camera just might do the trick!! Thanks! :weber:

Last edited: