Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7 cup Review

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I've had this for a few weeks now and used all of the features. I bought mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond for the same price plus sales tax which was less than I would of paid from Amazon and had it the day I purchased it. I would of like to get the larger one but the difference for what I use it really isn't that big a deal and the 11 qt was $175 compared to mine for $100 with mine coming with 2 additional blades (slicer and grater) as well as the dough blade. It also came with a DVD that showed how to operate it as well as a section by Herbert Keller using it for things that ranged from dips to an apple pie all made using a single food processor. It also came with an instruction book as well as a rather extensive recipe section in the back of the book also including the Herbert Keller recipes.

This thing has a lot more power than I thought in that it has 600 watts with a simple controls. Off in the middle press down for pulse and up for on which just doesn't get any simpler. It has handled pretty much everything I thrown at it over the last few weeks from cole slaw, salads, vinaigrettes, egg salad etc. All removable parts are dishwasher safe which makes for easy cleanup also. I might add it goes together easily with a lot of safety features that one would have to really work hard to over ride to hurt themselves using it. I also like the extra wide top that came with it but also got a smaller opening top for vinaigrettes and such but can't be used with the top blades however though I can't imagine why one would want to use it with a grater or slicing blade as the opening is really for adding small amounts of oil for example while making a vinaigrette. I was also impressed by how it mixed doughs so well very quickly. I've yet to try that ability but will soon as I thinking of making a pizza dough with it. My wife looked at how Keller made the apple pie on the demo DVD and will be trying that soon as well.

The slicing blades work so well that I'm seriously considering picking up the other 5 that they have for this of which are a julienne slicer, shoe string style French fries, standard French fries (1/4 square), heavy greater for cheese etc.

If I remember correctly that at the time I purchased this one on Fryboy's recommendation of a few others I was looking at. I wish to thank him for that as I've really impressed with how easy it is to use as well as the power it produces.

chowhound

Yep, that's the one I have and I'm happy with it. It's my first FP. And I bought the 1/4 " FF slicer, but haven't used it. I prefer cutting them by hand now that I have decent knives.
I use the small opening when pushing carrots into the already shredded cabbage for cole slaw.
Big price difference, huh? That's why I went with the 7 cup. I hate to approach 200 for something I won't use that often.
Oh, and nice score on the DVD. I should give them a call. Mine came with a VHS tape last year (or the year before). It's around here somewhere (lol).

Mine's red :^D

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Mine is a plan old white which all of my appliances are except the new rice cooker/steamer which is black and stainless.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thanks for the review, Joe. I've been contemplating a larger FP, as I just have the small Cusinart model, but DW keeps asking "where are you going to put it?" I have so many cooking toys now, that they are already filling a shelf in the basement because there is no room left in the cupboards and closets upstairs. LMAO Maybe I can remove the dishwasher and install a 24" cabinet with a pull out drawer. Hmmm.......

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Joe - isn't there a handyman out by you that can design some nice creative cabinets? LOL

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well I've had this for a few weeks now and used all of the features. I bought mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond for the same price plus sales tax which was less than I would of paid from Amazon and had it the day I purchased it. I would of like to get the larger one but the difference for what I use it really isn't that big a deal and the 11 qt was $175 compared to mine for $100 with mine coming with 2 additional blades (slicer and grater) as well as the dough blade. It also came with a DVD that showed how to operate it as well as a section by Herbert Keller using it for things that ranged from dips to an apple pie all made using a single food processor. It also came with an instruction book as well as a rather extensive recipe section in the back of the book also including the Herbert Keller recipes.

This thing has a lot more power than I thought in that it has 600 watts with a simple controls. Off in the middle press down for pulse and up for on which just doesn't get any simpler. It has handled pretty much everything I thrown at it over the last few weeks from cole slaw, salads, vinaigrettes, egg salad etc. All removable parts are dishwasher safe which makes for easy cleanup also. I might add it goes together easily with a lot of safety features that one would have to really work hard to over ride to hurt themselves using it. I also like the extra wide top that came with it but also got a smaller opening top for vinaigrettes and such but can't be used with the top blades however though I can't imagine why one would want to use it with a grater or slicing blade as the opening is really for adding small amounts of oil for example while making a vinaigrette. I was also impressed by how it mixed doughs so well very quickly. I've yet to try that ability but will soon as I thinking of making a pizza dough with it. My wife looked at how Keller made the apple pie on the demo DVD and will be trying that soon as well.

The slicing blades work so well that I'm seriously considering picking up the other 5 that they have for this of which are a julienne slicer, shoe string style French fries, standard French fries (1/4 square), heavy greater for cheese etc.

If I remember correctly that at the time I purchased this one on Fryboy's recommendation of a few others I was looking at. I wish to thank him for that as I've really impressed with how easy it is to use as well as the power it produces.

So you DID get the Cuisinart.

Thought you were still looking. I just responded to your other post.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I just came on an saw it and posted I got this one. Thanks though and so far very very happy with the Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7 cup.