Need a new toaster oven broiler

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
After over 20 years, I have to replace my beloved DeLonghi convection toaster oven, since one of the heating elements is dead.

I've looked online, looked at Consumer Reports, looked at retail stores, and am in a quandary about what to buy. All of them have SOME negative reviews.

Anyone have advice about what to buy and what to stay away from?

I do have a toaster, but use the little oven to re-heat things that would get soggy in the microwave, toast sandwiches, bake potatoes, etc.

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
This is something that I never had or bothered to get. Just din't find any interest in getting one.

But I've heard that Cuisinart, Breville and Black & Decker have good ones out. :tiphat:

Guts

Here's the one that I have. I have my garage completely finished inside with cabinets and a couple of stainless steel tables where I keep several cooking utensils there. The convection toaster oven is one that I use more in the summer time when I don't want to heat the house up using the oven. I like the convection portion of this toaster oven. There are so many different models and price ranges out there you just have to figure out basically how much do you want to spend. I always like commercial grade appliances, buy it one time and they last for many many years. I would recommend shopping around for the best price. Amazon I think has raised their prices on everything and not always the best deal in my opinion.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Waring-Heavy-Commercial-Convection-each/dp/B001IR39U2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1425921710&sr=8-9&keywords=waring+pro+convection+oven[/ame]

Attachments

• to1.jpg
    to1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 367
  • to.jpg
    to.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
20 years is really good for a toaster oven. Why not another DeLonghi?

I have a Euro-pro with convection that I paid about $50 for. It's still going strong and haven't had any problems with it.

I do remember reading (maybe on here, maybe not) where someone recommended buying one with knobs instead of the electronic touch pads because they last longer. Mine has the touch pads, and I've never had a problem with it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What model Waring is that, Guts? What model Euro-pro do you have, Cooksie?

I agree with the knobs - I would rather not have a touch pad.

Cooksie, the new DeLonghis are not rated as high as the one I bought decades ago.

Thanks, folks!

Lee

Guts

Lee I don't think the model number would do you any good as my oven is got to be years and years old. It looks like the one pictured except the fan in the back different on the one in the picture.

I would also look at Cadco ovens, that's pretty much what they use at all the Costco tooth-pic buffet, at least that's what I call it when I go to Costco. Every oven that I've ever seen out there was made by Cadco. I think if you look around on some a your restaurant commercial sites, for counter top ovens you'll get a good idea of prices. At the time I bought this wearing oven they were using them in Costco along with the Cadco ovens.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Lee I don't think the model number would do you any good as my oven is got to be years and years old. It looks like the one pictured except the fan in the back different on the one in the picture.

I would also look at Cadco ovens, that's pretty much what they use at all the Costco tooth-pic buffet, at least that's what I call it when I go to Costco. Every oven that I've ever seen out there was made by Cadco. I think if you look around on some a your restaurant commercial sites, for counter top ovens you'll get a good idea of prices. At the time I bought this wearing oven they were using them in Costco along with the Cadco ovens.

Yeah, this thing is astronomically expensive!! But I heard that it lasts for many years.

But who wants to pay THAT amount of money for it, especially at Amazon!!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cadco-OV-013-Convection-1450-Watt-Stainless/dp/B001EQ83OY[/ame]

Attachments

• Cadco Convection Oven..jpg
    Cadco Convection Oven..jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 336

Cooksie

Site Supporter
What model Waring is that, Guts? What model Euro-pro do you have, Cooksie?

I agree with the knobs - I would rather not have a touch pad.

Cooksie, the new DeLonghis are not rated as high as the one I bought decades ago.

Thanks, folks!

Lee

Model number is 2OLD4U :corny: - It's discontinued.

The Cadco looks nice.

Leni

I recently bought a Cuisinart and so far so good. The only problem that I have had was that I ran the microwave and the toaster oven at the same time the other day and blew the bracker for the kitchen. Good thing that the stove is gas. Had to run an extension cord for the refrigerator.

Leni

I recently bought a Cuisinart and so far so good. The only problem that I have had was that I ran the microwave and the toaster oven at the same time the other day and blew the breaker for the kitchen. Good thing that the stove is gas. Had to run an extension cord for the refrigerator.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Model number is 2OLD4U :corny: - It's discontinued.

The Cadco looks nice.

Cooksie, yours is still available at Amazon.com new.

Below are a newer Waring model & a Casco look-alike - the Wisco Commercial Convection Oven, both in the same price range. :wow: :cooking:

Attachments

• Waring Small Sheet Pan Sized Convection Oven..jpg
    Waring Small Sheet Pan Sized Convection Oven..jpg
    24 KB · Views: 346
  • Wisco 620 Convection oven..jpg
    Wisco 620 Convection oven..jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 315

Leni

After over 20 years, I have to replace my beloved DeLonghi convection toaster oven, since one of the heating elements is dead.

I've looked online, looked at Consumer Reports, looked at retail stores, and am in a quandary about what to buy. All of them have SOME negative reviews.

Anyone have advice about what to buy and what to stay away from?

I do have a toaster, but use the little oven to re-heat things that would get soggy in the microwave, toast sandwiches, bake potatoes, etc.

Lee

Too bad that you don't live close to me. I have a repair guy that could probably fix it. He specializes in older appliances. He fixed my grandmothers roaster which has to be older than I am. I'm 72. Do you still have it? You could give it a try if you are interested.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Too bad that you don't live close to me. I have a repair guy that could probably fix it. He specializes in older appliances. He fixed my grandmothers roaster which has to be older than I am. I'm 72. Do you still have it? You could give it a try if you are interested.

It is so amazing that there is still someone around who can fix small appliances!!

In today's world, normally, they are mainly just throw-aways, meaning that they are merely swapped out for new replacements when they are still under warranty and become broken. :weber:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie, I can't find Cooksie's Euro-pro 2OLD4U on Amazon. Can you post a link to the oven?

Guts, I love the look of the Waring, but it's way too much oven for my use. I actually had my eye on that Oster you posted. Bed, Bath and Beyond has it for $60, and they always have discount coupons.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Shermie, I can't find Cooksie's Euro-pro 2OLD4U on Amazon. Can you post a link to the oven?

Guts, I love the look of the Waring, but it's way too much oven for my use. I actually had my eye on that Oster you posted. Bed, Bath and Beyond has it for $60, and they always have discount coupons.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Lee

I couldn't find it either. Seems that they don't have or sell them now.

Here's a Waring oven that just might be just as comparable though there. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Waring-TCO650-Digital-Convection-Oven/dp/B005RRBMVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1426250747&sr=1-1&keywords=euro+pro+convection+ovens[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Leni, thank you for your kind offer, but I am not quite THAT attached to my toaster oven enough to ship it to California and back!

But you are sweet to suggest it.

BTW, all, I think I'm seeing some life back in the heating element that I thought was dead as a doornail. If so, I'll just limp along with this one until it's too frustrating.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Q-Sis, the model number 2OLD4U was a joke :blush:. Mine is something like a TO37, and it is discontinued. You can still find the Euro-pro toaster ovens, but the new ones don't have great reviews.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I should've known.

2OLD4U!! Hah!!

Didn't get it at first. No wonder that I couldn't find it at Amazon.com!! :WitchBrewsSmiley: :weber: :yuk:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a Waring lookalike - the Solo Convection Oven.

Price is kind of steep though, at about $300! :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Attachments

• Solo Convection Oven..png
    Solo Convection Oven..png
    41.7 KB · Views: 292

Shermie

Site Supporter
I DO have this one! It was given to me. I cleaned it up made it look like new again and put it back in service!!

I keep it in one of the closets so that it doesn't clutter the kitchen countertop. Only when I use it, then I put it back. :weber:

Attachments

• IMG_20161104_190617240.jpg
    IMG_20161104_190617240.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 229

Shermie

Site Supporter
Heres's the newer version of mine. If you're limited on space, this one fits quite perfectly on your counters & under the cupboards!

I plan to get one just to have in case the old one is called home. :bbq:

Attachments

• Oster Toaster Oven..png
    Oster Toaster Oven..png
    221.3 KB · Views: 205