Wow, I just had a GREAT tangerine!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was so bummed out about the poor quality of Macintosh apples, that I switched to tangerines this week. Plus, they were on sale.

Man -o-man, the one I just had for lunch was fantastic! Cold, sweet, and juicy. Easy to peel and only 6 seeds.

Fruit has redeemed itself!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
glad you discovered a replacement for the crummy apples u got, lee!

i'm partial to clementines this time of year, though i think i'll put a few tangerines in the cart tomorrow when i get produce- you made them sound so delicious~

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Update: I'm bummed again. The tangerine I'm having for lunch today is a dry and juiceless as the one I had yesterday was juicy and sweet.

Fruit is back in my bad graces.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Like luvs, I'm partial to clementines. I've never bought a bad batch. I did just recently buy some tangerines that were full of seeds (like 6 in each section), last of the tangerines for me.

QuirkyCookery

I had mandarin oranges this week that were superb....to the point that we ate a whole box in a few days and went back for more.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
qc, i leave my box of clementines on this table i usually keep my crockpot on & offer them to guests. u can ingest so many in a week, lol.

lee, as promised, i got the tangerines. i am curious- & building a collection of citrus- tangelo, grapefruit, clementines, tangerine..... i have taken to keeping the peels to dry in the fridge so i can simmer them. gotta get cloves & cinnamon. or u could zest the peels before ingesting the fruit.