Salt & Pepper Shrimp

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
original recipe - the original recipe is pretty good

red = changes

2 tsp salt (3/4 tsp salt - sea salt)
1 tsp black pepper (2 tsp coursely ground)
2 tsp szechaun peppercorns,crushed ( 1 tsp crushed chili flakes)
1 tsp sugar
1 lb raw peeled jumbo shrimp
2 tbsp. peanut oil (1 tsp olive oil)
1 red chilli,seeded and finely chopped (omitted)
1 tsp freshly grated ginger (2 tsp)
3 cloves garlic,crushed (2 tsp jarred minced garlic)
scallions,sliced,to garnish
shrimp crackers,to garnish (omitted)
juice of half of a lemon

finely grind the salt,black pepper and szechaun peppercorns in a mortal and pestal.Mix the salt and pepper mixture with the sugar and set aside until required

rinse the shrimp under cold running water and pat dry with absorbent paper towels.

heat the oil in a preheated wok. add the shrimp,chile,ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and have changed color.

add the salt and pepper mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. add lemon juice right at the end.

transfer to warm serving bowls and garnish with sliced scallion. serve immediately

my plate
de9l0.jpg

mrs bams plate...she wanted hers shown as well..lol

2cd91h.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Recipe looks great, Jeff!

Mrs. Bam is so cute! Tell her to get a user name and come join us!

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
LOL! Recipe looks great, Jeff!

Mrs. Bam is so cute! Tell her to get a user name and come join us!

Lee

i have told her but well cooking is not her "thing", she likes me to cook. she is my suzie chef and my taste tester..lol

she can burn water..lmao

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see you suggest peeling the shrimp. I ordered something similar once in Chinatown and it was so diappointing to have to peel the shrimp before eating them.

Pictures look great, too!

Constance

You sound like my daughter, Vera. She loves shrimp, but she hates to peel them. When we have boiled shrimp, I usually peel them for her...she may be 37, but she's still my baby.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to see you suggest peeling the shrimp. I ordered something similar once in Chinatown and it was so diappointing to have to peel the shrimp before eating them.

I never mind pealing shrimp if they as simply made as peal and eat. However even leaving the tail on with sauces like tomato or in pots of heavy stock I find unappealing and avoid dishes like that. I do see it alot in Asian, Italian and Cajun cooking though from time to time. I also understand it adds flavor to the shrimp but just don't care for having to get my fingers into these dishes at all.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I've only seen salt & pepper prawns unpeeled - I think you must lose a lot of the seasoning & flavour on the shells.

Looks good - I wish the others here would eat sea food & I could do things like this.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

thanks for the compliments everybody.. this was actually inspired from a chinese buffet in casa grande az, they were peel and eat shrimp as well.