1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream
Lemon juice
Dill, fresh or dried (fresh is best)

Salmon, 2 6 oz filets
Lemon pepper
Butter, 1 pat
1 T olive oil

Method:

Place the cucumber and red onion in a mini food processor and process until it's finely minced. Remove the cucumber/onion from the processor and place in a fine mesh strainer which has been positioned over a coffee cup. Let the mixture drain, occasionally pressing with the back of a spoon. If you like a wetter sauce that will pool on the plate, just let it drain for a while and skip the pressing with the spoon. Add the sour cream, lemon juice to taste, and dill to taste. Cover and refrigerate.

Sprinkle both sides of the filets with lemon pepper. Heat the butter and olive in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook the filets, presentation side down first, until they flake easily and are done to your liking. I just watch for the color to change on the side to tell when they're done.

Two Servings

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Honestly, Cooksie, that picture belongs in a food magazine! Beautiful!

I'll tell you, if you put that delicious sauce on just about anything, I'm there!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Looks really good Cooksie.

I agree with Lee - That sauce on anything (Or maybe a few spoonfuls alone...... Hmmmm) would be great.

sadie

This looks simply divine cooksie. I Thank you kindly for this recipe. I could just get a knife and fork and eat right off that picture it looks so beautiful and perfect I can almost smell it. I love salmon and I will certainly be trying your recipe sometime soon I promise you that. :heart:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Did this again last night, left more of the cucumber juice this time:

SalmonwithSourCreamCucumberDillSauce.jpg

Next up I'll be using the sauce on salmon patties.