ISO Recipe For Mexican Chicken Soup

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I love the kind they serve in Mexican restaurants and would like to try to make a batch of my own next week.
I'd prefer those that are tried and true and easy to prepare.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sass, I have a good recipe for tortilla soup that uses dried chiles to make the broth richer. It is just delicious, but I don't seem to have it on my computer. I'll check tomorrow to see if I can find it in the cookbook I think it is in....(does that make sense?).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, I have a good recipe for tortilla soup that uses dried chiles to make the broth richer. It is just delicious, but I don't seem to have it on my computer. I'll check tomorrow to see if I can find it in the cookbook I think it is in....(does that make sense?).
Yep!
I want so badly to find a good and easy recipe.
The one I posted sounds good, but I am open to those that you all have made here.

GotGarlic

Cooks' Illustrated has one online I've made before: Chicken Tortilla Soup

To make it more quickly, you could buy pre-made crispy tortilla strips and use shredded supermarket rotisserie chicken and a can of Ro-Tel, then add any of the other seasonings to taste.

If you make the soup the CI way, you can freeze it in 1- or 2-cup portions. I keep Ball canning jars on hand for freezing soups, salsas, etc.