Buzz checking in

What kind of cook are you?

• Subsistence - I just struggle to get the family fed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grillin' & Chillin' - if it's not on the grill, don't bother me.

• Cook??? My other half cooks - I just eat.

• Total voters

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday lilbopeep!

Happy Birthday! Hope you are going out on the town and having a good time.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Happy Birthday, Peeps!

Attachments

• feliz-cumpleanos.jpg
    feliz-cumpleanos.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 132

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

This is wonderful! Thank you everyone for all the lovely birthday wishes!!

Wart

Banned
Re: Hello again. :)

Thanks for the re-welcome.

Yeah, the Diagnosis, now that it's known what it is it can be watched, handled, taken control of.

I can be sort of pissed at the medical profession for not catching this years ago, OTOH I have personal experience with the painfully obvious slipping through the cracks.

About the BP, I checked it at my drug dealers .... I mean the pharmacies kiosk yesterday.

116/67.

All I did was stopped adding salt. Well, that and got off my dead ass. :yum:

Salt, isn't that a subject?

I had planned the garden before the diagnosis. Actually not a garden, more an herb patch because I got tired of paying for fresh herbs.

Then I figured A tomato plant ... then Alba (Wife) got involved. Thats another story. LMAO!

I started watching my sodium intake, referencing the meats and bones in my initial post, I was making that sauce with canned tomatoes. I looked at the 'nutritional information' on the label. There was an astounding amount of sodium.

Now I'm glad I have 4 tomato plants.

Darn, spent too much time here already, Have to pick herbs for the practice run for the Herb Bread I'm entering in the county fair this year. ;)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello again. :)

Yep, salt is a major factor in high BP. I found that out the hard way also. I am also reading lables and shocked at how much sodium is in even bottled water let along soda's and such. Canned goods are full of it also.
Best way to break away from it is to grow your own ....lucky you got a head start on that. :thumb: :tiphat:

good luck in the county fair.