Breakfast this morning was an omelet made with:
*2 eggs
*1 tsp. Olive Oil
*1/2 small onion, diced
*1/2 green pepper, sliced
*4 ounces of fresh mushrooms, chopped
*1 1/2 ounces of ham luncheon meat
*1 wedge laughing cow swiss cheese

On the side was sliced tomatoes (Free!), 2 ounces of fat free cottage cheese (1P+)and 2 ounces of canned peaches (1P+) in lite syrup along with 1 slice of Natures Own Honey wheat lite bread(1P+). YUM!...and only 10 Points+ for the entire breakfast!

Attachments

• ww-breakfast-10PP.jpg
    ww-breakfast-10PP.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 171

Guts

looks good mama better than what I had. I had to scrambled eggs with green onions one piece of toast and a glass of milk. Jury still out on adding cream of tartar to the scrambled eggs next time I'm going to mix the cream of tartar with a small amount of 2% milk and added to the eggs and see how that works. I got that idea from the scrambled eggs, thread. the link that Chicago Ed posted.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks luvs, abi and Guts! Let us know how the cream of tartar eggs turn out if you decide to give it a try.

Guts

mama I did this morning I had two eggs and a quarter teaspoon of cream of tartar and mix it with a fork and a coffee mug. The cream of tartar didn't want to dissolve very well. That's why I think dissolving it in a little 2% milk then adding to the eggs might be a better idea. I will do it again tomorrow morning and post my results. I forgot all about the low-fat cottage cheese. I had in the refrigerator. I sure am getting forgetful these days. I hope it's not a sign of what's to come/I walk out of the kitchen into my little office( extra bedroom converted into a office) it in just seconds forgot what I wanted to do or came to get. I think there really is a disease called CRS...

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ya know Guts, I think I would try just using cream of tartar and whipping the eggs with a wire whisk for a few minutes since the only use I've found for cream of tartar is for stabilizing the whipped egg whites when you are making a meringue. It might make the eggs light and fluffy. That would be my guess.

Guts

Ya know Guts, I think I would try just using cream of tartar and whipping the eggs with a wire whisk for a few minutes since the only use I've found for cream of tartar is for stabilizing the whipped egg whites when you are making a meringue. It might make the eggs light and fluffy. That would be my guess.

That's what I did this morning and I couldn't get the cream of tartar to dissolve fully there were still some lumps, although very small. That's why I want to try dissolving it first in liquid. water or milk

Guts

Mama I tried it again this morning using 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon water. first I put the cream of tartar in a coffee mug and added the water just to dissolve it. Then I added two eggs and mixed them up with a fork. What I did notice at this point was it seemed to blend the egg meaning the yoke and the white much easier to blend and texture was slightly different than just mixing two eggs. When you beat two eggs together depending on how long you beat them of course. you can see the whites in the yolks, where with the cream of tartar. They seem to all blend together, maybe this is just me. I'm going to try this again tomorrow. As described in the link that Chicago Ed posted about cream of tartar. I do agree with what the web page said the eggs seem to have a light, delicate, almost cake like texture. I'm going to play around with this a little bit and see what happens. Mama if you try this. I like to know how what you think about it. Maybe some of the other folks here might try it also? I'm going to include the link that Chicago Ed posted that I got this information from. and as not to hijack your thread mama. If I discuss this again I will put it under the best way to scramble eggs, thread.
Here's the link that Chicago Ed posted. If you look at the bottom of the page on this link, you'll see the part about cream of tartar and eggs. I pretty much agree with what it has to say about cream of tartar and eggs. Give it a try for yourself ...

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/article.asp?articleid=17

Last edited:

Guts

You've peaked my curiosity Guts. I'll give it a try.

That's great Mama I don't think anyone has ever tried one of my recipes that I know of since I've been posting here. Not that this is my recipe. Mind you. I really would like to know what you think of this cream of tartar and eggs thing. I'm going to try it one more time tomorrow and then try a new recipe for pineapple microwave oatmeal that sounded good to me. I found that recipe on that website that I previously posted in this thread. I too am on a diet but not as strict as your Weight Watchers. I just tried to watch the portions that I consume and what I am eating. Example last night I had some fresh steamed red potatoes, sweet onion, and broccoli with a tablespoon of melted butter poured over the top and sprinkled with Jane's crazy salt. A small bowl of white Rice with seasoned rice vinegar on it,(if you haven't tried seasoned rice vinegar over white Rice I suggest you try it, it's really good at least it brings pleasure to my palate) and a glass of Crystal light lemonade. That was my dinner. I may need to take this further and joint Weight Watchers or one of those programs. If this doesn't work for me. I think exercise is the key for me and I've been using my new treadmill twice a day every day along with the log of time, distance and program. May I ask how long you been on Weight Watchers and are you seeing any results yet?

Kim

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've been thinking about your pizza dough recipe for quite some time Kim. The weather here has been beautiful for the past week or so so I'm planning to get the grill out and give it a good cleaning since it's been put up since last fall. I received a kitchen scale for Christmas so I'll be able to use your weights in your pizza dough recipe now so I plan on making it very soon.

As for WW, I've been on it since the beginning of January and have lost almost 20 pounds. We won't discuss how much more I need to lose :lol: I find it to be a very forgiving program. They give you daily points (depending on how much you weigh) plus an additional 49 weekly points that everyone gets and you can earn even more points through exercise. Everything has a point value. Fruits are free (in moderation) as well as most veggies to encourage you to eat healthier. They have a recipe builder so you can plug in recipes and it will tell you how many points it is per serving. There is a food tracker and an activity tracker to help you keep track of how much you are eating and exercising. I'm just doing the online version...it's much cheaper than attending the meetings. I know Lee (QSIS) was doing it too but I'm not sure if she was strictly online or she was going to meetings. They also give you recipes and they have a forum for people who need added encouragement. It's really pretty easy to follow and lots of times, I just eat normally and watch the portion size. All in all, I've been very pleased with it.

Guts

that's good news Mama I set my goal right now at 30 pounds but in this case more would be better. The recipe builder and the food and activity tracker sound interesting too. I think I would do the online version as I'm not very good at going to meetings. I have one that I attend. The first Wednesday of every month with very interesting speakers.

Pizza dough can very so much depending on the style of pizza you like to make. I make across of a New York style, and a California style. It has a large rim with decent oven spring that is air holes/air pockets in the crust. The interior the pie as what I consider small to medium thickness value that's a way I like it. I would like to try Chicago style deep dish one of these days. If you want to make pizza dough . It is of my opinion that you need bread flour that can be General Mills or King Arthur actually any bread flour I believe will make good pizza dough in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of using all-purpose flour for pizza dough makes it to soft. I prefer a little chewier crust. There are some good formulas for emergency dough, which is dough that is used the same day anywhere from 4 to 6 hours after it's been made. And you can retard the rise by putting it in the refrigerator temperature as you know has a lot to do with the rise time.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have a pretty big pantry and always have some AP flour, self-rising flour, cake flour, wheat flour and bread flour on hand. I'll definitely use the bread flour. I have your pie recipe bookmarked and I just plugged it into the recipe builder. Works out to be 7 P+ per slice for the dough. Since veggies are free, I'll probably make a veggie pizza with low fat cheese because I'll probably want a second slice :lol: Now, I just need to make the time to clean the grill up for the season.

Guts

mama I'm not sure if you're referring to my dough recipe and a grill pizza. I don't believe I've ever made a pizza on the grill. That is a BBQ grill. My pies are all done on the stone in a 600° oven or as high as the oven will go. I think one of my favorite pies was sun-dried tomatoes and spinach the combination's are endless.here's a couple examples the other is multicolored bell pepper. I guess because at your post. I'm not really hijacking it. LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 132

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's beautiful Guts! I was planning to use you dough recipe and just bake it on the grill. I got hooked on grilled pizza shortly after I got my new grill. It's really quick and gives you a wonderfully rustic pizzeria taste. I don't think I've made a pizza in the oven since.

It's funny how threads evolve :lol: