Penzeys Spices

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I received my Penzeys Spices magazine in the mail today and boy there is a lot of different spices in there. I am definetly anxious to put in my first order. The magazine also came with a coupon for a free 1/2 cup Jar of Pasta Sprinkle. Cool! :)

Oh! and there is also lots of great looking receipes throughout the magazine. Another cool! :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I received my Penzeys Spices magazine in the mail today and boy there is a lot of different spices in there. I am definetly anxious to put in my first order. The magazine also came with a coupon for a free 1/2 cup Jar of Pasta Sprinkle. Cool! :)

Oh! and there is also lots of great looking receipes throughout the magazine. Another cool! :)
can i have a link please? so you can sign up for a snail mail list Penzeys Spices magazine with coupons? can you also get emails with coupons?

chowhound

I fiinally received my catalog today. That pasta on the cover looks awesome, but I only saw a recipe for the tomatoes inside the cover. I'll have to go through page by page.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I fiinally received my catalog today. That pasta on the cover looks awesome, but I only saw a recipe for the tomatoes inside the cover. I'll have to go through page by page.
i just downloaded the harvest 2009 catalog. wow the cover pic looks great!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
recipe - grilled veggie pasta (cover) page 40

chowhound

Thanks, peeps. I was sitting by the catalog eating dinner, but was watching The Doors movie instead. Grilled, Huh? No wonder it looks so good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, peeps. I was sitting by the catalog eating dinner, but was watching The Doors movie instead. Grilled, Huh? No wonder it looks so good.
no problem!! not bad i can download it instead of waiting for snail mail!!

GotGarlic

That's where I first discovered Penzey's, Mav - I was visiting my brother and his wife in Oak Park, wandering around while they were at work, and found this amazing, big-box size store filled with herbs and spices! OMG! Then I discovered the used bookshop down the street and came home with a bunch of cookbooks from there. Can't wait to go back :chef:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Went to Penzey's today. What a great store! I didn't spend much time looking around, but they had many, many herbs and spices, in all different size containers. The lady there was very helpful, and she said that their spices are cheaper than the grocery store. I can believe that they are at least comparable. Here is what I picked up!

img0488j.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we're gonna be heading to the strip district to get spices. mine were lost when we got this place.
my dean/deluca spice rack is here, although that's a display item since that was $90 & i'm not uncorking those tubes, a box of clumpy kosher salt, 4 tins of various seasalts, 2 pepper grinders, a canister of non-iodized seasalt, a bottle of thyme, a bottle of oregano, & a bottle of chili powder. other than that, i'm sans 2 shelves-full of various seasonings.
& jake let my basil wilt while i was in the piddle.
i noticed this last nite.
he offered to replace them.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I got my order today. Not a big one. 4 Oz California Basil, 8 oz Herbes Du Provence and a shaker if Hickory smoke seasoning (To aid with BBQ withdrawal).

Looking forward to Focasia bread this weekend.