Emeril Live Cancelled?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Does anyone know for sure if Emeril Live has been axed from Food Network? :eek2:
That would be sad. They will probably add another Rachael Ray show. :pat:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No say it ain't so. I sure hope not. Unless it was by Emeril's own choice.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They are showing his Emeril live show on Fine Living Network as well as the orginial Iron Chef's shows from Japan, and Molto Mario. These are all re-runs but the Iron Chef and Molto Mario are worth watching. I like Essense of Emeril but no much on the Emeril Lives show. Food network has turned to basic junk food shows, but that is my opinion since I prefer shows that teach real cooking not quick meals.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Joe I like 70% authentic real cooking.... 30% fast food related shows. But I agree 100%. All I know is that new show with Ted Allen is just horrible. :doh: What do you think?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yea, I thought I read or heard that Martha Stewart bought Emril's contract or something like that. So now FLN, there is like a 'Green' Emirl show.

Joec... I love the real Iron Chef!!! I love the campyness of it with the dubbing and all as well as watching the techniques in preparing what I would probably never even try at home.

The Tourist

Banned
They'll let anyone in here...

Joec, I also enjoy the Iron Chef, from a technical stand point. Naturally, I watch the knives.

BTW, does a man such as yourself know anything about knives? Your face looks so familiar...

:wave:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
:thumb:Yes Chico short term memory problems? I came over and joined on your word guy. :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe I like 70% authentic real cooking.... 30% fast food related shows. But I agree 100%. All I know is that new show with Ted Allen is just horrible. :doh: What do you think?

I haven't to be honest with you. The only place I've seen Ted Allen is as a sometimes judge on Top Cheif. About the only shows I watch on FN is Tylers any more. Occationally I catch an Iron Chef America but rarely any more.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yea, I thought I read or heard that Martha Stewart bought Emril's contract or something like that. So now FLN, there is like a 'Green' Emirl show.

Joec... I love the real Iron Chef!!! I love the campyness of it with the dubbing and all as well as watching the techniques in preparing what I would probably never even try at home.

That is pretty much the same reasons I watched it to start but have gotten into some of the cooking techniques they use.

The Tourist

Banned
Joec, glad to have you. I am also happy that members here at NC are also registering at KnifeForums.

I am going to write a treatise about that today explaining why it's a good idea. BTW, I saw the Chinese cleaver you posted in another thread. Thumbs up, no kidding.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I really enjoy Emeril's shows. I don't believe he canceled because i still see his shows running during the day.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure they are only showing reruns now... He's not the golden child any longer. He's on the Fine Living Network and also one other, called Emeril Green where he cooks in a Whole Foods supermarket. The show is clearly a notch down from where he's been.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The Emeril Live shows on FLN are old reruns from FN. The only show now on the air is the Emeril Green show which I've yet to catch. He was a guest judge on Top Chef near the end of last season also.

Ronjohn

If I recall, he sold off most of his rights (To Martha Stewart Onmedia) to his FN shows, cookware, even the books I think, and left FN. He pretty much kept his restaraunt business and left the network, and has since resurfaced in a much more limited scope with Emeril Green. Any reruns at this point are older stuff.

He got a pretty nice sized payout for the sale, too.