Swiss cheese
Toasted baguette
Finely sliced red onion
Roasted red pepper
Roasted Anaheim peppers
Pepperoncini
Garlic
Horseradish Mayo

I marinated the steak in a red pepper marinate then grilled it over charcoal. I roasted and peeled the red pepper and anaheims from the garden. Once the meat was resting I toasted the baguette on the grill.

When the bread was done I rubbed a garlic clove over it for a slight hint of garlic. Slice the steak thin across the grain and layer over the bottom half of the baguette. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a couple sliced of Swiss cheese and set under a broiler to melt the cheese.

Once the cheese is melted, layer on the rest of the ingredients and add the spread.

For the horseradish mayo use: 2 parts mayo, 1 part dijon mustard, 1 part drained/prepared horseradish. Mix together and let rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.

SkirtSteakSammy.jpg

smoke king

Banned
Man-That looks and sounds awesome Jeekinz!! I love skirt steak, but its pretty hard to find round these parts. The box-store butchers always try to sell me on Flank steak, but its not the same.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea the box store flank steak is not the same, but we got some good butchers around here so no problems.
And I agree, that looks awesome! Man now I am starving, LOL!

Deelady

Just seeing the thread title made my mouth water!!:in_love:
I don't know why it is so difficult to find skirt steak these days!!:confused:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I've always found skirt rather tough, what are your tips for cooking it?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brings a tear to the eye, Jeeks. So lovely.

Lee

High Cheese

Saucier
I've always found skirt rather tough, what are your tips for cooking it?

Tough?!

I never had a tough one. In fact, it's so easy to cook you can pretty much forget about it and it will still be fine.

Let it rest, then cut it in thin 3/8" (10mm) strips against the grain. So tender and more flavorful than a filet.