Eurika!!! I did it I mafe Mayonaise

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OK, enough sparing with you horny toads and sultry wenches. I'm going to bed and snuggle up to DW. I hope she's still awake. If not, I may have to take matters into my own hands.:yum::yum:
If she's awake, be sure and tell her who sent ya!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here are a couple I've used and had good luck with. The first uses a stick blender and the second a bar blender.

Stick Blender Mayo

1 egg at room temperature *
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup salad oil

Crack egg into wide, straight-sided glass jar (mayo?). Add remaining ingredients. With the motor OFF put stick blender down to bottom of jar. Then turn it on and, rocking it gently from side to side, pull it up to the top in about 8-10 seconds.

Mayonnaise

2 egg yolks *
2 tablespoons mustard
Dash salt and pepper
Squirt of lemon juice
1 to 1 1/2 cups oil

Put ingredients in blender, and blend slowly, adding oil until you have desired consistency.

Yield: 1.5 cups

*RAW EGG WARNING
Suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Keltin, I have always wanted to try it too. There are so many things that come in jars and are "easy" that we don"t experiment.

That's the way I feel about tartar sauce. Jarred doesn't even come close to the taste of homemade, and it really is pretty easy to make. I've never made mayonnaise, but I'm inspired now.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've made it in the blender and with a stick blender. If you have a stick blender, it's much less likely to "break".

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
My first batch broke. I know why. Halfway through adding the oil, you have to add the rest of the lemon / vinegar, cause it is too thick at that point. Second bach was a dream.