Kanzuri Sauce?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is basically fermented chili peppers so I would guess you could reasonably substitute with another pepper. I can't remember if I've ever tasted it before so can't give you a equivalent in heat or taste.

Last edited:

PanchoHambre

hmmm I guess you could whip something up with chili sauce and citrus but if you never had it how do you know if you came close:bonk:

Now you got me curious I am going to look at the Asian market... not heavy on the Japanese stuff but they have 2 aisles of condiments and sauces.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yuzu chili paste or kanzuri or Yuzu koshou

1 large yuzu or u could try the rind of the lime
6 green chilies (togarashi)
Moderate amount of salt

morter and pestle it all...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
The sauce I was looking at was brown.

Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.tastedonline.com/recipes/roasted-rack-of-lamb-11.html (don't let JoeC look at it though, LMAO)

this is why it has the brown color...its aged and rice malt is added

http://www.excantrading.com/products_food/products_food.html

Kanzuri Kanzuri Chili Paste is a pungent but mild relish made by exposing choice red peppers to the cold snow, then adding salt, rice malt and other natural flavors and letting the mixture ferment for three years (approx.) to achieve a multilayered flavour that is refined with a profound spiciness. Unlike other hot sauces on the market today, Kanzuri will not take over the entire dish, but will act as a catalyst, enhancing the flavor of the cuisine to a different level.
Use:
  • Dissolve a small amount of Kanzuri in sauce, soup or gravy.
  • Directly apply a dab of Kanzuri to cooked steak, pork, fish and poultry.
  • With the chef's creativity, it can be used for any international style of cuisine.
Since Kanzuri is made from natural ingredients without any preservatives or additives, it must be refrigerated after opening.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
if you have an asian market or better yet a japanese place... these are pretty good substitutes from what i have read

yuzu chili paste or kanzuri or Yuzu koshou

i would think that you could make one yourself...good chili peppers,salt,malt vinegar,rind of a couple of limes and let it age