Site Supporter
I saw the Tooth Fairy.

You can't handle the tooth!!

It was a great family movie!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I recorded 'Inglorious Bastards' last night on the Free showtime weekend and watched it today. WOW!!!!!! Brad Pitt is awesome in this one. The description sounded so so to me, but after watching it it is my favorite movie of all time. It is an epic right up there with "Gone with the Wind" and "Saving Private Ryan" etc. I sure not a film critic but I would rate 'Inglorious Bastards' above those and every other movie I've ever seen. What a realistic picture of occupied France told in such a way that, well, you can't take your eyes off of it. I thought all the sub titles would take away from it but I found them to enhance the film. It is long, but it is so worth it. A true 5 star movie. :thumb:

JackieBlue

Banned
I watched Chasing 3000 last night. A little unknown film recently released on DVD about Roberto Clemente reaching 3,000 hits. A good movie for fans of baseball.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I recorded 'Inglorious Bastards' last night on the Free showtime weekend and watched it today. WOW!!!!!! Brad Pitt is awesome in this one. The description sounded so so to me, but after watching it it is my favorite movie of all time. It is an epic right up there with "Gone with the Wind" and "Saving Private Ryan" etc. I sure not a film critic but I would rate 'Inglorious Bastards' above those and every other movie I've ever seen. What a realistic picture of occupied France told in such a way that, well, you can't take your eyes off of it. I thought all the sub titles would take away from it but I found them to enhance the film. It is long, but it is so worth it. A true 5 star movie. :thumb:

I was SO surprised that they showed it during the free weekend, I though it may have been a bit to 'edgy" or ultra violent for a " COME TO US free network weekend", but I LOVE that flick!!!

I mean, I am a HUGE QT fan, but that movie, as for as violent as it is, has such a good story line/plot/cinematography. EVERYTHING! I LOVED it!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
OH, sorry for the perpetual bumps here, but check out The Man From Earth. Certainly a mind mover!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
LOVE that movie. I've seen it dozens of times and it still creeps me out. LOL.

LOL! Just beware of number 1 fans with sledgehammers! :)
The book was MUCH better!!

She hobbled him by chopping one of his feet off!! YIKES!!

Remember when she accepted her oscar for Misery? "I just want you to know, Mr. King, I'm your #1 fan!!" LOL

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter

Books are ALWAYS better, imo, just allows for the mid to do, what even the screen can do, BUT even the mind can be far more sinister. .

That being said, Misery still has one of my all time LOOK AWAY CRINGE moments, ever, lol. . . and, most of "IT", I get goose bumps just thinking of it, book OR movie, lol.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh I know!! I have read all of Steven King's books. Thinner was one of my favorites, but the movie wasn't all that great for me.
I think The Dead Zone and the TV remake of The Shining were the closest to his books.

BTW I edited this post that you quoted after you quoted it.

mhend

Books are ALWAYS better, imo, just allows for the mid to do, what even the screen can do, BUT even the mind can be far more sinister. .

That being said, Misery still has one of my all time LOOK AWAY CRINGE moments, ever, lol. . . and, most of "IT", I get goose bumps just thinking of it, book OR movie, lol.

That damn clown! Yea - that one really freaks me out. LOL. What was his name? Pennywise?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Remember when she accepted her oscar for Misery? "I just want you to know, Mr. King, I'm your #1 fan!!" LOL

No, in the book, she cut the Achilles tendon, and in the movie she smacked him with a sledge hammer against a 2x4 and broke his ankle. The book was far more graphic, but the movie didn’t do bad with the whole breaking of the ankle on the 2x4. But, cutting the tendon as she did in the book is a bit more…….screwed if you ask me.

mhend

No, in the book, she cut the Achilles tendon, and in the movie she smacked him with a sledge hammer against a 2x4 and broke his ankle. The book was far more graphic, but the movie didn’t do bad with the whole breaking of the ankle on the 2x4. But, cutting the tendon as she did in the book is a bit more…….screwed if you ask me.

OH MY GOD! That's right! I don't think I could read that again after having 2 achilles surgeries. Man, my leg is aching now. LOL!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh I know!! I have read all of Steven King's books. Thinner was one of my favorites, but the movie wasn't all that great for me.

Thinner was amazing. Pepsi cola in the face....."It's acid bitch!" :w00t:

mhend

Thinner was amazing. Pepsi cola in the face....."It's acid bitch!" :w00t:

EEK! There was one book where there were some people on a plane - one looks out the window and sees and some creature out on the wing..I can't remember the name of that one. Does anybody know?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
EEK! There was one book where there were some people on a plane - one looks out the window and sees and some creature out on the wing..I can't remember the name of that one. Does anybody know?

Langoliers.

mhend

Those are the only one's I haven't read. Guess I need to add those to the list too. I have a stack of James Rollins books right now that are begging for attention. LOL.