In The Test Kithcen "Pizza Sauce"

Derek

Banned
Holy crap, I just made a killer Pizza Sauce, Here's the recipe.

Prep Time 15-20 minutes​
Cook Time 0 minutes.​
The Ingredients.​

• 1 can of Crushed tomatoes.
  • 1 Tsp Ground up Cilantro.
  • 1 Tsp Gumilo pepper spice “Homemade or store bought”.
  • 1/2 tsp sorrento chile powder “Homemade” “You’ll have to make it your self”.
  • 1 Tsp Flour .
  • Pinch Kosher salt.
  • Pinch Black pepper.
  • Pinch nutmeg.
First Puree the can of crushed tomatoes pour the puree mix in a storage container that your going to use for later use.
Once that’s done go ahead and all all the dry ingredients in order as they appear.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting that you used nutmeg Derek.
I've found that nutmeg, ginger and Worcestershire sauce always adds something special to tomato sauce based recipes.

Derek

Banned
Interesting that you used nutmeg Derek.
I've found that nutmeg, ginger and Worcestershire sauce always adds something special to tomato sauce based recipes.
Thanks Sassy, I figured nutmeg would connect all the other earthy spices together.

And since nutmeg is an earthy flavor and a sweet flavor it could reduce the heat of the serrento's and when the sauce hits your tong it will have a nice tingle and that's it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sassy, I figured nutmeg would connect all the other earthy spices together.

And since nutmeg is an earthy flavor and a sweet flavor it could reduce the heat of the serrento's and when the sauce hits your tong it will have a nice tingle and that's it.

The only thing I can't stand is a bechamel sauce when it comes to nutmeg.. made stuffed mushrooms once with the sauce over it.
Didn't go over well at all.

As long as we're talking different flavours, ever add chocolate to chili con carne?
Word has it that a Mounds Bar added is supposed to be a wonder lol

I hate coconut.

Derek

Banned
The only thing I can't stand is a bechamel sauce when it comes to nutmeg.. made stuffed mushrooms once with the sauce over it.

As long as we're talking different flavours, ever add chocolate to chili con carne?

I hate coconut.
We are, I'm trying in this creative mode and all this stuff is coming to me very easly like the tomy knockers movie from Steven king.

I really think I have a gift of cooking, I really do.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

of course of course..lol
in a batch of chili, i add one square of bakers chocolate.

chilies(the peppers) and chocolate are a perfect match. i make a habanero fudge that is great

Derek

Banned
of course of course..lol
in a batch of chili, i add one square of bakers chocolate.

chilies(the peppers) and chocolate are a perfect match. i make a habanero fudge that is great
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW fudge, I hate fudge.

How would a habenero candy bar taste like?

Derek

Banned
I think I screwed up, I forgot I wanted to keep this recipe a secrete so I could possible start to bottle it and sell it some day.

By the way if I want to can this stuff, How will it work with crushed tomatoes?

joec

Gold Site Supporter

I hate coconut.

I do add Mexican Chocolate (Mole) to my chili when I make it. The brand I get has some heat to it also.

GotGarlic

Holy crap, I just made a killer Pizza Sauce, Here's the recipe.

Prep Time 15-20 minutes​
Cook Time 0 minutes.​
The Ingredients.​

• 1 can of Crushed tomatoes.
  • 1 Tsp Ground up Cilantro.
  • 1 Tsp Gumilo pepper spice “Homemade or store bought”.
  • 1/2 tsp sorrento chile powder “Homemade” “You’ll have to make it your self”.
  • 1 Tsp Flour .
  • Pinch Kosher salt.
  • Pinch Black pepper.
  • Pinch nutmeg.
First Puree the can of crushed tomatoes pour the puree mix in a storage container that your going to use for later use.
Once that’s done go ahead and all all the dry ingredients in order as they appear.

Hi, Derek. Do you mean serrano peppers? TIA.