Asparagus

Mr. Green Jeans

Work took me to Central WA this week and I brought back 75# of fresh cut asparagus to share with the compadres at work. We were given the grade-outs which were about the diameter of your index finger. Thick, yes but first of the season tender. I tossed them in some lemon juice & olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper then wrapped each spear in a thin cut strip of bacon and cooked over a medium/high grill. Awesome!

Mr. Green Jeans

tasty spring sprouts from a member of the lily family wrapped in pork belly goodness and swine flu free!

Attachments

• asparagus.jpg
    asparagus.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 68

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
veggies wrapped in bacon, sitting on a pig board...it doesnt get any nicer looking than that..lol

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Asparagus sounds good!!! I need to get some next time I'm at the market. And your recipe sounds great!

lilylove

MGJ... we're heading over to Ellensburg next weekend for a mini-break.
Hope to find some fresh veggies to bring home with me us! :) :) :)

AllenOK

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I love grilled asparagus.

Have you tried steaming the spears, then wrapping with prosciutto, and drizzling with Italian dressing?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
MGJ... we're heading over to Ellensburg next weekend for a mini-break.
Hope to find some fresh veggies to bring home with me us! :) :) :)
I remember Driving Rig Through Ellenburg. I never saw so many Asparagus stands in my lifetime!
Also- the rivers (at that time) looked like they were all going to flood over.
Heading back to Seattle, I never felt so small & Insignificant,(even with the 18 Wheeler I was driving) As I did Driving next to Mt Rainer. What a beautiful drive.
Thanks Lillylove for reminding me of that.
images

rollon.jpg