EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

Jim54

Okay, I am not sure where to post this or even why I am posting it. I guess it is because I hate to waste a cooking experience even if it did not work out that well. Anyhow, this is not a disaster story; it is just a story about a recipe that did not work for me despite several attempts.

INGREDIENTS:

1. 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  2. 1 can (18.6 oz) Progresso Rich & Hearty chicken pot pie style soup
  3. 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
  4. 2 3-4 in round cooking cups/pan

DIRECTIONS:

1. Thaw the vegetables then mix in with the soup.
  2. On a piece of wax paper, unroll the dough and divide into 4 rectangular pieces. Please the dough to seal the perforations. Place one square into each cooking cup. Shape the dough to cover the bottom and sides of the dish making sure to cover all surfaces.
  3. Add about 1/2 cup of soup mixture to each cup
  4. Cover each cup with a dough squared. Trim excess dough and the seal the edges
  5. Bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 20-25 min or until the crust turns brown

COMMENTS:

On the surface, it looks great, easy, and good. All of these are true... except the "good" part. It is edible and nutritious just not outstanding. I am not sure what went wrong. There are two options.

Notice that the recipe does not call for any spices. The second time I prepared this dish, I added ground black pepper and salt. These only marginally helped. The problem is that the dish is a little too sweet for my taste. The soup by itself is not all that great but might not be the case. My though is that what is wrong is the dough. Crescent roll dough might not be the right choice to use. What I will do next is to use pie dough.

PC214793.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think using store-bought pie dough is a good idea, Jim.

You want to keep it easy, and that's a good substitution.

Keep us posted!

Lee

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I agree! store-bought pie dough.:thumb: [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]looks great Jim! :smile:[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]​

[/FONT]