Pressure cooker help

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Greetings all. I need some advice, recipe's, and I have a question about Pressure cooker. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I just got a Pressure cooker, and I have never cooked with one. I have heard that you can cook cut up chicken with oil in a pressure cooker and have it come out crispy like KFC. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Is this true? Can you use oil in a pressure cooker? Can I get chicken to come out like KFC? And, do any of you have pressure cooker recipes?[/FONT]

Thank you

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
A pressure cooker and a pressurized deep fryer are 2 different things. NEVER use a pressure cooker to deep fry...it isn't designed to deep fry.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the standard pressure cooker is not intended nor safe for pressurized deep frying.

there are specially designed models for pressure frying. - if yours does not clearly state it can be used for pressure deep frying, the advise is not to go there.

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wow! Thank you, I did not know this. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can I buy a “pressure deep frying” cooker at any store or is it something that has to be bought a an industrial story? [/FONT]

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't know but I would imagine you could get one at a restaurant/catering supply store.