Ingredient Showcase ...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
ingredient_showcase.jpg

A new year has begun. We need to get back to the fun stuff! Lets play with our food!!

This will be a showcase NOT a contest.

Each Showcase will run 10 days with a 3 day overlap. Each Friday a new Showcase Ingredient will be randomly drawn and the Showcase will run till the second Sunday. This will give people a chance to shop the sales when possible and fit the featured food into their menu plans and their individual cooking schedules.

We will showcase ingredients only at this time (please no cuisines/countries which are now covered in the Around The World Threads). Each entry should include your recipe/instructions or a link to your recipe posted in one of the specific forums. Whenever possible a picture of your entry would be wonderful but not manditory.

Let's have fun with this!!

So let's start making a list.

1. Chicken

SilverSage

Resident Crone
oooo - oooo - oooo ! We're starting up again! :clap:

Thanks, Peeps. I missed this. Like the new name & graphics.

How about squash!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for starting this up Peeps!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It sounds like fun, but I have a question or two. How many ingredients are you going for?
Would cinnamon be an ingredient?
For an entry to qualify in the showcase do you have to use every ingredient listed in one dish or in one meal?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks for starting this up Peeps!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It sounds like fun, but I have a question or two. How many ingredients are you going for?
Would cinnamon be an ingredient?
For an entry to qualify in the showcase do you have to use every ingredient listed in one dish or in one meal?
You're welcome Doc.

I think we can START when we hit 10 items on the list and add to the list as we go as members suggest more items.

HMMMMMMMMM Cinnamon? I will need to consult about that and get back to you. But you gave me an idea!! Maybe we can also have a thread to Feature spices/herbs.

I think you are confusing this with the Franken Pantry. This is a showcase of a single ingredient.

I hope I answered 2 of your questions and I will get back the cinnamon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
5. Potatoes (any variety)
6. Sausage (any variety fresh or dry)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ingredient - Asparagus

Question - I would think the dish would be freshly prepared as opposed to something from the archive. Is that correct?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient - Asparagus

Question - I would think the dish would be freshly prepared as opposed to something from the archive. Is that correct?
Yes it should be prepared during the time of the showcase.
So sorry - I guess this statement was a bit vague "This will give people a chance to shop the sales when possible and fit the featured food into their menu plans and their individual cooking schedules."
Thank you for pointing that out Andy.

(Thank you for the help I am new at this and need to learn to make everything perfectly clear)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Any pasta (dish). Leave it open to interpretation, i.e. fresh, homemade, stuffed, unstuffed.
Ok thats a good idea. I would also like to make it Fresh Vegetables (any) as people can get just about any fresh vegetable at any time whether or not it's in season. Especially if they are in different parts of this country or other countries and the weather is different for growing seasons. Is that ok with you?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Pork Loin.

This particular cut of pork.

It doesn’t have to be whole, you can buy/use pre-cut chops, chunk meat, ground meat, etc. It just has to be Pork Loin - not butt, shoulder, rib, tenderloin, etc.

Attachments

• porkloin.jpg
    porkloin.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,161

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus
8. Pasta (any variety/any shape - fresh, frozen, homemade, dry, stuffed or unstuffed)
9. Fresh Vegetables (any fresh vegetable in the produce section available to you)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus
8. Pasta (any variety/any shape - fresh, frozen, homemade, dry, stuffed or unstuffed)
9. Fresh Vegetables (any fresh vegetable in the produce section available to you)
10. Pork Loin (MUST be Pork Loin - in any form)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ok well this is going nicely!!

At this time let's exclude any herbs or spices.

I propose that since we have 10 items we will have the first drawing on this friday. That will allow any other memebers the chance to add their suggestions and be in the drawing on friday. (New suggestions can be added at any time unless the list gets crazy long, then we will use up some before adding more)

Just to clarify:

1 - Each entry should be prepared fresh during the time period of the Showcase.

2 - Each Showcase will run 10 days with a 3 day overlap. Each Friday a new Showcase Ingredient will be randomly drawn and the Showcase will run till the second Sunday. This will give people a chance to shop the sales when possible and fit the featured ingredient into their menu plans and their individual cooking schedules.

3 - Each entry should include your recipe/instructions or a link to your recipe posted in one of the specific forums. Whenever possible a picture of your entry would be wonderful but not manditory.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I just have to see some Crab in this!

Any kind of crab, fresh, frozen, canned, etc.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus
11. Crab (any form - fresh, frozen, canned, etc)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus
12. Tenderloin (any variety - beef, pork, lamb, venison, etc.)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ingredient List

1. Chicken
2. Squash (any variety)
3. Kielbasa
4. Shrimp
7. Asparagus
12. Tenderloin (any variety - beef, pork, lamb, venison, etc.)
13. Eggs (in any form including eggbeaters)
14. Beef (in any form)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
List looks great.....I'm ready to play :smile:.
Yes it does. Good stuff on there.

I'd like wait one more day at least that way everyone has found the thread and had a chance to add to the list.