"Hey, homecook..."

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Santa Claus hit a bump in the sky over my house, and looky see what fell out of his sleigh.....

keep scrolling down....

just a little further....

You like???????????

P1020347.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That is a really good stand mixer Joe and should have the power you want for your baking. Good get man.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Because of the cost, DW and all 3 kids pitched in for one gift for the old guy. Of course, they all are the beneficiaries of such a great gift for the Dough Boy. I think I'll go unpack it and make some baguettes to make sure it works. :a1:

homecook

:thumb: Go for it!! lol

He (Santa) must have bumped over my house too or else we were both very good this year....Naaaaahhhhh

I got these.....

Attachments

• 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 159

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Mine came with a 6 qt bowl. Did yours come with a 5 qt, or is this one just a extra bowl? I have a plastic lid on the bowl of the old machine, so I'm going to see if they have one for the 6 qt.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo!!! No one deserves a mixer more than you, Joe! I have the same one and I love mine. They do have lids for the 6qt bowl here [ame]http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KNBC-Stand-Mixer-Cover/dp/B0006HLE98/ref=pd_sim_k_2[/ame]
I can't begin to imagine all the good smells that will be wafting from your kitchen now!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Things have finally settled down to where I could post some pics. I love teh way the Pro 600 handles dough. I made a basic French bread dough with 34 oz of flour and 21 oz of water, and the dough hook is actually a kneading hook. The formula was perfect because the dough pulled away from sides of the bowl, and in 5 minutes it mixed the dough to perfect consistency.

P1020352.jpg

P1020353.jpg

I shaped the loaves and made one Epi wreath. I did a couple of salt water washes and egg white wash, as well as a flour coating and sea salt with egg wash.

P1020354.jpg

I think I'll keep it.:thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations, Joe - that's a beautiful machine and we all KNOW that you will get a lot of use out of it!

Barb, thanks for posting the photo of the KA beater blade, as I wondered what it looked like. I need one of those!

Lee

homecook

Mine came with a 6 qt bowl. Did yours come with a 5 qt, or is this one just a extra bowl? I have a plastic lid on the bowl of the old machine, so I'm going to see if they have one for the 6 qt.

Mine came with the 6 qt. bowl also. This is just an extra bowl. Andrews' girlfriend got it for me and Andrew got me the beater blade. She also got me a whisky glass that has oz. measurements on it. lol Let me know if you find one. I'll ask for one for my birthday. LOL You might try the "Kitchen Connection" store in Willoughby. Sons' gf said they carry everything for KA mixers.

Great job on the bread, Joe!! I knew you wouldn't wait. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Mine came with the 6 qt. bowl also. This is just an extra bowl. Andrews' girlfriend got it for me and Andrew got me the beater blade. She also got me a whisky glass that has oz. measurements on it. lol Let me know if you find one. I'll ask for one for my birthday. LOL You might try the "Kitchen Connection" store in Willoughby. Sons' gf said they carry everything for KA mixers.

Great job on the bread, Joe!! I knew you wouldn't wait. LOL
You bet I'll be there today. I want to get that plastic lid for the bowl.

Did you check to see if that 5 qt bowl fits the 6 qt machine? They are not all interchangable, and there might be interference with the attachments and teh bottom of the bowl. Do a dry fit before making anything in the bowl, in case you need to exchange it. The 6 qt bowl will handle 14 cups of flour, and the 5 qt 12 cups. This means we can make a double formula of all of my breads, and get 4 loaves in the time it takes to make 2. Guess I'll be giving away more bread this way.:applause::applause:

homecook

I haven't tried the bowl yet......but gf said she had asked them in the store if it would fit. I will definitely try it out. ahead of time.......whenever we get back home and the power comes on..

Wart

Banned
You bet I'll be there today. I want to get that plastic lid for the bowl.

Did you check to see if that 5 qt bowl fits the 6 qt machine? They are not all interchangable, and there might be interference with the attachments and teh bottom of the bowl. Do a dry fit before making anything in the bowl, in case you need to exchange it. The 6 qt bowl will handle 14 cups of flour, and the 5 qt 12 cups. This means we can make a double formula of all of my breads, and get 4 loaves in the time it takes to make 2. Guess I'll be giving away more bread this way.:applause::applause:

Be careful with that.

I burnt up one Pro 5 and the gears went out of a second Pro 5 doing multiple batches of 32/20 before getting the Pro 600. When I got the 600 I quit doing multiple batches, after a year it makes noises mixing cheesecake. Damn.

Knowing how you have a thing for bread I would proceed with caution.

OTOH you have a bright new 1 Year Warranty, nows the time to find out. :dizzy:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Be careful with that.

I burnt up one Pro 5 and the gears went out of a second Pro 5 doing multiple batches of 32/20 before getting the Pro 600. When I got the 600 I quit doing multiple batches, after a year it makes noises mixing cheesecake. Damn.

Knowing how you have a thing for bread I would proceed with caution.

OTOH you have a bright new 1 Year Warranty, nows the time to find out. :dizzy:
There was a sticker on the dough hook that said to not mix dough any faster than speed 2. That was reiterated in the operating manual as well. I mixed the French on 2 and the machine was singing sweetly with no signs of labor or fatigue. Tomorrow I will be making a double formula of Italian that will be 54 oz of flour and 32 oz of water, plus 1/4C of EVOO. We'll see how she handles it. As you say, it has a brand new 1 year warranty for me to try out. The book says no more than 14 cups of flour, and I will only be using 12, so it should be fine...in theory.:whistling:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Even mine which has a lot less power states not to use the dough hook or mix dough and faster than two. It also says that with the meat grinder as well. I've had mine going on probably 20 to 30 years now really don't remember as we have always seemed to own it. The only thing I've had to get for mine are the little rubber feet on the bottom. Lost one on the last move to here but bought a package with enough to replace them all. Now my wife has made bread in ours over the years though not often but I have done pizza doughs, cakes, pancake batters etc. I also use it to grind all my ground meats and have for the last 10 years.

Wart

Banned
There was a sticker on the dough hook that said to not mix dough any faster than speed 2. That was reiterated in the operating manual as well.

Actually the manual says.

Manual says "Use Speed 2 to mix or knead yeast doughs. Use of any other speed (italics mine) creates a high potential for unit failure". (Page 54, KA Manual 9708307 Rev. A)

I too thought if I followed the manual it would all work out in spite of the noises the machines made.

Tomorrow I will be making a double formula of Italian that will be 54 oz of flour and 32 oz of water, plus 1/4C of EVOO. We'll see how she handles it.

Let us know how that works out.