Smoky Pasta alla Vodka

Johnny West

It came out just wonderful and like nothing I've ever had before. The salumi was on the spicy hot side but not overpowering. The pasta is called strascinati, a product from Naples, which we got at DiLautenti's at Pikes Place Market. We have enough left over for another meal, and enough sauce to freeze for a future meal with shells.

Attachments

• ########Pasta Stra.JPG
    ########Pasta Stra.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 295
  • ########Pasta fry up.JPG
    ########Pasta fry up.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 283
  • ########sauce Nduja.JPG
    ########sauce Nduja.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 288

Johnny West

We didn't get a picture of the sauce after the whipping cream and vodka were added.

Attachments

• ########Pasta bowl.JPG
    ########Pasta bowl.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 298
  • ########Pasta MS.JPG
    ########Pasta MS.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 290

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What an intriguing-sounding and -looking dish, John!

Spreadable salami! I'm all over that! And those round flat discs of pasta - wow!

I will be looking for those two ingredients to try!

I do love vodka sauce, too!

Great job!

Lee

Johnny West

I'd never seen that pasta before. The package stated no cooking time so I kept the boil on till I felt it was al dente. With the large Italian community in Boston, I'm sure there are stores that carry it.

The salami mixed with butter on bread will be soon. :eating2:

https://www.ndujaartisans.com

Last edited:

Johnny West

Last April, when I had my other knee replaced, I was taking oxycodone and quit the vodka martini's. Ever since I've felt like I don't care to go back to them. I'm fresh out of Italian wine so we had a bottle French pinot noir which was quite good.

Johnny West

Tonight was the leftovers and have to say it was better a day old. The pasta plumped up with the sauce a lot more. I've got one small bit left that will go in the freezer for a school lunch. I can't wait to try this again and will be getting more of this weird pasta.

Attachments

• ########Day II.JPG
    ########Day II.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 275