What's cooking NCT Sunday 1/8/2017 - Saturday 1/14/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well never made the pea soup yesterday so maybe that. Or if I get to the store today pulled pork (bone in pork shoulder $1.49/lb.) or beef stew.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made five quarts of smoked turkey, andouille, and greens gumbo. I'm hooked on the stuff. I doubled the andouille this time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My pea soup is simmering. I added some BtB ham base and hickory flavor Stubs liquid smoke, smoked ham steak, carrots, onion, potato and green split peas. It smells wonderful in here.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I need to break down a whole chicken and an 8+lb. Pork shoulder for later use. I also have a bottom round roast. Sooooo dinner maybe stew (or leftover pea soup if I am hurting).

Johnny West

Attachments

• ########Blackberry Pork.JPG
    ########Blackberry Pork.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 165

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have all my meat and veggies prepped and ready to go for beef stew in my Instantpot.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made beef stew for the first time in my Instantpot. Browned beef cubes, beef broth, wine to deglaze hit the meat/stew button and 35 minutes later OMG the beef was so tender!! 5 more minutes to cook the veggies. I am so happy with this pot! If you factor in the up to pressure and pressure release time I guess it took 1 1/2 hours start to finish.

Johnny West

Today we did a road trip to Mt. Rainier and on way back stopped in Elbe at the Elbe Bar and Grill for a burger... quaint place. All the guys at the bar wore camo and had big hunting knives on their hips.

I had the bacon cheese burger. All the fries were hand cut from russets.

Attachments

• ########Burgwe Elbe.JPG
    ########Burgwe Elbe.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 142

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD and I woke up with sore throats. I broke down a whole chicken. I have the back, 1 breast, the wings, 20 wing tips (from last smoked wing meal) and veggies simmering for soup. All the veggies are chopped waiting to go in and brown rice is cooked. I need to grated some parm and Romano cheeses. My other DD will roast a leg and thigh, potatoes, onion, mushrooms and green pepper for her dinner.

Johnny West

Tonight I did a coho shoulder on the Weber and used alder for smoke. The side was a rice, seaweed, and lima bean dish from TJ's.

Attachments

• ########Coho Bake.jpg
    ########Coho Bake.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 127