Souffle Doodles

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
if you're looking for a 'different' party finger food, here's an (undeveloped) idea.

in msg #9 in the thread [ http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=189372&postcount=9 ] you can see the souffle mix overflowed the dish as it started to set up.

[[[ there's a story - I normally only do a four egg souffle in that dish - but to be honest given the 'competition' I decided to go big and used six - looking for max height wow factor. six, sigh, is too many for that container . . . ]]]

as I was pouring into the dish I knew, for sure, it was gonna' go over - so I put a cookie sheet under the dish to catch the over-flow.

and that's the finger food - the souffle mix dripped down onto the cookie sheet - in a round pattern - made "egg cheese doodles" - about half to 3/4 inch wide.

the egg set up nicely on the hot cookie sheet, browned on the bottom - not unlike grated parm "cookies" - but had a nice height, texture - extremely light, not as hard as a meringue cookie - and veddy yummy. curiously they didn't go soft / wet - they were not 'crisp' even right out of the oven - but I guess they baked / set-up / cooked through a bit more as there was no 'fall' - a sampling after 2-3 hours was still excellent - I had to fight the dishwasher for dibs on the last, , , ,

it was a plain ole' fashioned aluminum cookie sheet, not greased, but for whatever reason they did not stick - possibly because the sheet was hot before the doodles got there (?)

so on my list of things to try as the opportunity arises is "souffle doodles" - make the souffle mix and intentionally make doodles out of it instead of a souffle. don't know how just yet - scooping off a wide spatula is one thought, piping out a large hole bag is another . . .

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I bet piping from the bag would work perfectly. Neat idea! Can't wait to see the Doodles.