fatty/fatties

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
A fatty is a barbecued log of breakfast sausage. Like Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans. It's the simplest thing in the world, and it is delicious. Never in my mind would I have thought to put a log of Jimmy Dean on a grill and smoke it. Usually, these meats are reserved for slicing, frying, and serving for breakfast. But when you put one on the smoker, you are taking it to a new level. It's indescribable. BBQ it at 225*F for approx 3 hours

lets start

1. Put meat into 1 gallon zip lock baggie, no need to seal, cheapo bags are fine.
fattytut1.jpg

roll them out as thick as you want, cold meat rolls better and sticks to the baggie less. these are rolled out to about 3/8" thickness.
Now cut up the sides of the baggie right along the seam, just lift the baggie side up and slip a knife down into the corner, poke it through, and slice up to the top. It should lay out flat like this!

fattytut2.jpg

Now fill with your favorite stuffing materials, this one is a mixture of cheeses, with a little bit of butt rub sprinkled below the cheese.

Now take the right side and start to fold it over the left( I am right handed). You may hafta push some of the cheese back into the fold. Close it over and mate the ends together and it should look like this tube.

fattytut3.jpg

wraqpped in bacon

fattytut10.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
"I wouldn't know", said the vegetarian muffin.;):mrgreen:

Very nice presentation Bam:applause:

that reminds me, i need to come up with some more smoke veggies...next i think smoked portabella mushrooms.. smoked garlic is also good, gives a new interesting flavor to roasted garlic

AllenOK

Yep, on a toasted kaiser roll with swiss,peppers and sweet onion sauce.
:biggrin:

Don't get me started! I like your idea. I even have a recipe for a Red Onion Marmalade that is to die for!

You sammie idea sounds great! I would add a little chipotle, though, as I like the smoky flavor and the combo of sweet/hot. Gimme a sec and I'll post the marmalade recipe.

GrillinFool

The first fatty I did had a half an apple minced up along with garlic and sweet onion minced up as well. That's about as close to vegetarian as it gets for me!?!?!