July 5-'12- Your Thursday Dinner

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tacos for me.
No meat.
I shopped this morning and grabbed some standing taco shells, Bush's seasoned black beans, a can of corn, Rotel lime and cilantro tomatoes, and some cheese sauce.
Dinner to be.

Embryodad

I had 4 burgers left from yesterday..I added spices and cheese and the usual to make meatballs Italiano, in a nice Tomato Sauce ( at least I like it ) but DW said,"I don't like little pieces of canned tomato in the sauce!" .... cry cry cry. I said,"SINCE WHEN???"

I will take that sauce...remove the meatballs, and get out the motorboat thing and crush HER tomatoes so SHE doesn't CRY!...OMG!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, sounds like your "Princess" knows what buttons to push to get to you. :yum: I'm still cocky enough to say..TOUGH! Suck it up, baby. No pieces???? Really?? Sheesh. She wouldn't like my gravy because I use puree, diced and crushed tomatoes.

SWMBO is doing a wedding rehearsal after work and won't be home till after 7 pm. She has requested BLTs on Italian with double smoked bacon. Sweet! After all the picnic food and snacks yesterday, a light dinner is welcomed.

Embryodad

Jimmy, sounds like your "Princess" knows what buttons to push to get to you. :yum: I'm still cocky enough to say..TOUGH! Suck it up, baby. No pieces???? Really?? Sheesh. She wouldn't like my gravy because I use puree, diced and crushed tomatoes.

SWMBO is doing a wedding rehearsal after work and won't be home till after 7 pm. She has requested BLTs on Italian with double smoked bacon. Sweet! After all the picnic food and snacks yesterday, a light dinner is welcomed.
The BLT sounds good right now!

I took HER sauce with the litttle diced tomatoes, and pureed them with the Hand motorboat blender outside on the porch. Good thing cause once it got a air bubble cavitation, it burped a thrust of sauce on the porch. hahahahahaha
I came in while she was getting a drink, and she said,"Oh! You Did that for MEeeeee?? .... I felt like saying,"No! "B"....I did it for Chef Boyardee!!"" hahahahaha

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

ohhhhhhhhhh, we all know how to make a guy oblige (or weep).
some just use that skill on an as-needed basis. i utilize my talents as i see fit.:flowers:

anyhoo, think we'll have lamb lollipops, if they thaw. soon.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The BLT sounds good right now!

I took HER sauce with the litttle diced tomatoes, and pureed them with the Hand motorboat blender outside on the porch. Good thing cause once it got a air bubble cavitation, it burped a thrust of sauce on the porch. hahahahahaha
I came in while she was getting a drink, and she said,"Oh! You Did that for MEeeeee?? .... I felt like saying,"No! "B"....I did it for Chef Boyardee!!"" hahahahaha

ROFLMAO!!!:yum::yum::yum: That's rich. The visual in my mind of the "BURP" was phenomenal.:yum::yum::yum: I gotta go look for a YouTube video of a sauce burp.

Anyway, the BLT's really hit the spot.

Dinner070512.jpg

Embryodad

ROFLMAO!!!:yum::yum::yum: That's rich. The visual in my mind of the "BURP" was phenomenal.:yum::yum::yum: I gotta go look for a YouTube video of a sauce burp.

Anyway, the BLT's really hit the spot.

Dinner070512.jpg
Ha Ha Ha .... I'm looking at that BLT....and tomorrow's lunch will be one of those for sure!

DW ate her pureed' sauce on cavatelli's. They were store bought bullets!

I told her to chew them good, or she will be shootin them out tomorrow!

Embryodad

I made nice meatballs and a chunky sauce, and after DW wanted NO Tomato Pieces...I pureed it all...Just to Please Her..

e980f51b.jpg

The cavatilli's were store bought frozen, and were like .45 caliber bullets.

We ate them! More like whole and unchewed! hahahahahaha

c5385b20.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Those are magnificent looking meat-a-balls. Keep them warm in some sauce, and I'll be right over with some fresh Italian bread. I'll also bring a couple pounds of my white/wheat cavatellis.

P1030674.jpg

Embryodad

Those are magnificent looking meat-a-balls. Keep them warm in some sauce, and I'll be right over with some fresh Italian bread. I'll also bring a couple pounds of my white/wheat cavatellis.

P1030674.jpg
They look great Joe!... I've gotta roll out some of those wheat cavi's

Yep! Just jump on 80 ....exit 19 in NJ ..head to My house 5 miles.
I'll make a pot of meatballs with a tomato sauce with diced tomatoes for us, and my wife can eat hers in ketchup! hahahahahahaha

Embryodad

This was taken in 1940.

This was Mary Fiorenza's Spaghetti House (as it was called ).
Here is the proud Business Woman in front of her famous restaurant in Scranton, PA :chef:

She had other items; including pizza, but the main thing was her spaghetti and meatballs or sausage.

d90f4f6d.jpg

When her husband was killed in the coal mines in 1945, she later offered the business to my Dad, and he just wanted nothing to do with it. He said later, he could kick himself for not taking over the place.:bonk:

I remember dad breaking up the booths and the counters in 1949 when I was 5. It stuck in my mind; because I had many a dish of spaghetti that Gram would feed me as a little boy playing and hanging around the booths. hahahahaha

I lived upstairs over the restaurant. Gram used to push cookies through a little trap door that was under the steps.
She said, when I was like 2, she was calling me through the little door, and I peed on her. She never forgot that.
Bad Boy Jimmy!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

YOU are too funny!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

This was taken in 1940.

This was Mary Fiorenza's Spaghetti House (as it was called ).
Here is the proud Business Woman in front of her famous restaurant in Scranton, PA :chef:

She had other items; including pizza, but the main thing was her spaghetti and meatballs or sausage.

d90f4f6d.jpg

When her husband was killed in the coal mines in 1945, she later offered the business to my Dad, and he just wanted nothing to do with it. He said later, he could kick himself for not taking over the place.:bonk:

I remember dad breaking up the booths and the counters in 1949 when I was 5. It stuck in my mind; because I had many a dish of spaghetti that Gram would feed me as a little boy playing and hanging around the booths. hahahahaha

I lived upstairs over the restaurant. Gram used to push cookies through a little trap door that was under the steps.
She said, when I was like 2, she was calling me through the little door, and I peed on her. She never forgot that.
Bad Boy Jimmy!!!

That's a sweet photo with memories, Jimmy.

I had my 3 tacos and some rainbow sherbet.

Embryodad

YOU are too funny!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

That's a sweet photo with memories, Jimmy.

I had my 3 tacos and some rainbow sherbet.
Thanks Sass..

Yes! A lot of memories, and as young as I was...it all instilled a lasting impression.
Gram was here in USA from Italy in 1910, at 10 years old.
At 13 years old...she got married to her promised husband. He was 22.
Yeah right?? No such laws back then.

Glad you had your taco's. Havn't had them in ages! Ummm!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sass..

Yes! A lot of memories, and as young as I was...it all instilled a lasting impression.
Gram was here in USA from Italy in 1910, at 10 years old.
At 13 years old...she got married to her promised husband. He was 22.
Yeah right?? No such laws back then.

Glad you had your taco's. Havn't had them in ages! Ummm!!

My grandparents on my Mother's side got married young too.
Just about the same age, and had 5 kids, one after the other.
Grams wasn't even well into her 20s and already had given birth to my aunts, my mother and an uncle.:eek:

Embryodad

My grandparents on my Mother's side got married young too.
Just about the same age, and had 5 kids, one after the other.
Grams wasn't even well into her 20s and already had given birth to my aunts, my mother and an uncle.:eek:
As you well know....kids have big ears and hear everything they are not supposed to hear!

I remember my mother telling someone on the phone how when getting married at 13, my Grandmother was still playing with dolls, and when she got married (in a church of course) there was No Honeymoon suite. It was on the third floor attic bedroom. My mom was stating that her MIL was in total fear, and never even being close to her new man...no one clued her in with anything ( which not mentioning here) and being thrown up in that room and not knowing what was in store naturally, if I may call it that! ...

Back to food.... then came the celebration the next day, for 3 days. The Italian witches did their thing by warding off demons, and blessing the girl with blessings to have more and more children.

I could imagine! It was a nightmare I guess?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Ha Ha Ha .... I'm looking at that BLT....and tomorrow's lunch will be one of those for sure!

DW ate her pureed' sauce on cavatelli's. They were store bought bullets!

I told her to chew them good, or she will be shootin them out tomorrow!

Dinner070512.jpg

Now I want to make a BLT! :) Looks good JoeV

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I made nice meatballs and a chunky sauce, and after DW wanted NO Tomato Pieces...I pureed it all...Just to Please Her..

e980f51b.jpg

The cavatilli's were store bought frozen, and were like .45 caliber bullets.

We ate them! More like whole and unchewed! hahahahahaha

c5385b20.jpg

Great looking meatballs! I've never seen pasta like that... it alomost resembles oversized puffed wheat. lol

Embryodad

Great looking meatballs! I've never seen pasta like that... it alomost resembles oversized puffed wheat. lol
Thanks lifesaver....

cavatelli are like little pillows of dough that is curled with the thumb on a board, or by machine.

We called them Strozzapreti ( Strangle / choke the Priest ).. a story of many is that a priest was served them and he stuffed his mouth so much, that he choked.

If they are heavy, believe me, they will swell up in the stomach and cause distress.
My mom made sure we chewed the heck out of them or else. hahaha