Culinary Plans 4/18 Sunday (okay; that's my 3)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking I can turn the leftover ribeyes (and believe me, there's plenty leftover !) into something.......... maybe shave the beef very thin, prepare a mushroom gravy, heat the shaved beef in the gravy and serve over rice..........

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
....had a colorful lunch..........

Porkrollsammie.jpg

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We are going out - take my in laws out to say thank you for paying the mortgage off.

lilylove

Just leftovers... I have steak and a barley spinach dish from last night and
some really good lentil soup. My guess is Paul will have steak and I will have the soup.

High Cheese

Saucier
They were begging....so I'm making Pho for late lunch, got the broth simmering now. Dinner will be bacon wrapped shrimp and sage and some sort of side salad. How's that for diversity? lmao

vyapti

I was going to make a quiche with phylo dough, but I forgot to take the phylo out. I'm stuck at work now, wondering what to make.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That red plate really set it off LT. :D
Congrats on your 3rd entry into Win A NCT Apron Contest.
Your lucky number this time is 18! :thumb:

We had Spaghetti /w garlic bread and a salad today. I love spaghet. :D

Even though it's a bit chilly outside tonight (high 50's; low 60's), the coals are heating & I have a large chicken cut up into serving pieces & marinating in a little balsamic vinegar salad dressing. Plan to grill & then finish off with a bit of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce & accompany with baked shoestring fry potatoes & a big green salad.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm working on my phyllo dough project. If it's a bust, you'll never see the pic's :hide2: .

GotGarlic

DH isn't feeling well, so I'm making a quickie dinner for me - leftover chicken diced and simmered in a can of cream of chicken soup, with added sage and thyme from the garden, to be served over rice. May make a green salad in a bit.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
OK. So we cooked on the new grill. Now I'm not much of a griller, so be kind, but everything tasted wonderful.

Beef kabobs marinated in burgundy wine & ginger & garlic.

Corn on the cob (de-silked before cooking to make it nice for my guests.)

Veggies on skewers basted in the beef marinade.

Potato salad.

Frozen Oreo / Creme de Menthe pie.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 101
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 109
  • potato salad (2).jpg
    potato salad (2).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 110

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm doing the diet thing, so I had some ham and cheese lettuce wraps. DW and the kids had a frozen pizza.

I'm doing the diet thing, so I had some ham and cheese lettuce wraps. DW and the kids had a frozen pizza.

Arrrghhh - this sort of thing KILLS me!!!! What sort of "diet thing" are you on? Because your "ham & cheese lettuce wraps" weren't probably far off calorie-wise than 2 slices of the pizza!!!!

ALL THINGS IN MODERATION!!! Enjoy the pizza. Just don't eat 4 slices of it in one sitting.

Can you tell that I hate constructed diet plans? Lol!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Burgers from Sonic. I spent the day finishing all the tile in my daughter's house - yeah!!! - and I was too tired to cook.

K

Kimchee

Fresh Salmon Stuff Mushrooms!
Turned out better than I expected, will be doing more of this type food!

Attachments

• SalmonStuffedMushrooms1.jpg
    SalmonStuffedMushrooms1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 106

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Arrrghhh - this sort of thing KILLS me!!!! What sort of "diet thing" are you on? Because your "ham & cheese lettuce wraps" weren't probably far off calorie-wise than 2 slices of the pizza!!!!

ALL THINGS IN MODERATION!!! Enjoy the pizza. Just don't eat 4 slices of it in one sitting.

Can you tell that I hate constructed diet plans? Lol!!

I'm doing South Beach diet. I had 3 leaves of romaine lettuce, two Kraft singles, about 1/4 pound of boiled ham, and some yellow mustard. It tasted pretty good to me!

buckytom

Grill Master
my robsan, you're looking quite svelt today.

:bouncy:

we ate out all day today, but at leat most of it was relatively healthy.

i picked up a bagel with tuna for me, blueberry pancakes for dw, and the boy had peanut butter on a whole wheat english muffin for breakfast. we shared an order of home fries.

dw went to her organic vegetarian cafe for lunch, the boy and i played hockey, then went for manly men food.
we had texas weiners (large hot dog on a standard bun, topped with mustard, raw onions, and chilli sauce) and cokes for lunch. then peanuts and slim jims.
i did say relatively healthy, didn't i?

since i got the smoker going late, i ran out for thai.

roti with a dipping "soup", chicken satay, pad thai, mango chicken, and jasmine and brown rice.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Good food pics y'all.
I had a cheese and Branston pickle sandwich and some yogurt (packed for work).

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking I can turn the leftover ribeyes (and believe me, there's plenty leftover !) into something.......... maybe shave the beef very thin, prepare a mushroom gravy, heat the shaved beef in the gravy and serve over rice..........

RibeyeGravy005.jpg