NCT Member Spotlight: Lefty

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You asked for it, you got it. Here is a member spotlight for Lefty.
Great job Lefty!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Tell us a little about yourself - your family or household, kids, pets, occupation, etc.
I was born in Bedford Stuyvesant Brooklyn NY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford...sant,_Brooklyn

I have been with the same lady for 15 years. We have a thirteen year old girl and a Cairn Terrier named Logan, because he was shipped into Logan Airport by our breeder.

I work for Lockheed Martin as a Test Engineer on the Arleigh Burke Deystoyer Program at Bath Iron Works for the last 17 years, (Best job ever)
This year will be my 15th year of perfect attendance.

My Degree is in Computer Science and I am a proud US Coast Guard Veteran. Member, Free & Accepted Masons, Elks, American Legion

What part of the world do you live in? Maine, Vacationland, The Pine Tree State, or just plain God’s Country.

How did you find the NCT community? I too was a refugee that migrated over.

Give us 5 words that describe you.
1) Complex
2) Enigmatic
3) Anomalous
4) Intense
5) Optimistic.

Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know.
Photography is one of my other passions.

How and at what age did you start cooking? I think I started at six. I pushed a chair against the stove so I could reach. I made breakfast and espresso for the family.

Do you have a signature dish or one that you make especially well? Chili is the dish I am best known for.

What is your favorite spice? No favorite.

What is your favorite restaurant meal? Properly made seafood.

What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all?. Nothing, I want to get to heaven hungry.

If you could host a dinner party with 6 well-known guests, living or dead, who would they be and what would you serve? Carlos Santana, Dave Matthews, Tori Amos, Roberto Clemente, Howie Long & Sade.

I would serve finger foods so we could all hang out, talk and enjoy each others company.

If you were going to be stranded on an isolated island for a year, what 6 foods would you want to have to readily available? Fish, Pork, rice, beans chicken, hot sauce.

Who would you most like to prepare a meal for and why. What would you serve?. Justin Wilson so we could talk cooking, I garunteeeeeee. We would have wine with cheese and crackers and finish off some gator tail.

Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you? My daughter, because it would mean she fell in love with cooking like I did.

100 years from now, how would you like to be remembered? I want to be the guy that is remembered for knowing how to enjoy life.

Anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself? I am the square peg that will fit in the round hole, simply because I want it to. I love to think for myself and not make too many rules to live by because I don’t know what will happen next. I think the best vacation you can have is one you don’t plan, just go and let it happen.

Deelady

Great spotlight Lefty!! I esp. loved your answer on...
"What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all?. Nothing, I want to get to heaven hungry." :)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo, Lefty!!! You are really something. And I would love to be at your dinner party - your guest list rocks!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great job on the spotlight! I didn't know that you were into photography. You should post more of your pictures.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic job on the spotlight, Lefty! You are DEEP!

Thanks for sharing YOU with us!

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
:agree:I agree with vyapti. Good interview. Where are the pictures?????? Without pictures it never happened.:lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I know, JoeV. I asked the same thing. Lucky explained how most of his work life is spent deep undercover and the CIA ...oops, I mean The Company.... would cut him loose and disavow all knowledge if he posts pics and blows his cover.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
"How and at what age did you start cooking? I think I started at six. I pushed a chair against the stove so I could reach. I made breakfast and espresso for the family. "

That is amazing. :thumb:

Lefty

Yank
"How and at what age did you start cooking? I think I started at six. I pushed a chair against the stove so I could reach. I made breakfast and espresso for the family. "

That is amazing. :thumb:

When I woke mom up with breakfast I could see the wheels in her head turning quickly realizing her 6 year old was using the stove. :shock: She didn't yell at me because she didn't want to frighten me, but after she mentioned nicely that she was going to teach me some kitchen safety. The coffee was easy since I had seen her make it a million times. I fill up the water in a sauce pan half way, wait for it to boil and dump in two heaping spoons of espresso. Once it rose like it would boil over I pulled it off the heat and poured it though a coffee strainer that was nothing more the a cork handle with a thick wire, kinda like this picture.
Coladordecafe_1.jpg

Into the coffee pot.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Great spotlight Lefty!!

Um, so, it's not normal for kids to make their own meals during the day?? LOL that is gonna disappoint my little girl! Then again she doesn't use the stove either!

buckytom

Grill Master
Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you? My daughter, because it would mean she fell in love with cooking like I did.

the best answer to this question yet!!!!!

it's our pleasure to get to know you, lefty. the impression i get of you is that you're a straight shooter. honest as well as caring.

WTG!

i will never forget what you posted for me when i went away after ozzy's death. thank you.

Lefty

Yank
Lefty, your philosophy on life and vacations speaks to my spirit. Wonderful!
TYVM

the best answer to this question yet!!!!!

it's our pleasure to get to know you, lefty. the impression i get of you is that you're a straight shooter. honest as well as caring.

WTG!

i will never forget what you posted for me when i went away after ozzy's death. thank you.
TYVM2

homecook

I have to agree with BT on this.

Wonderful spotlight.......thanks for sharing a part of your life with us!!