Eggs N' Lox

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I was making breakfast one morning and kind of thinking of a McMuffin, but I wanted something a bit different, so Here we go.

1 Sandwich sized English Muffin.
! 4oz Package of smoked Lox
2 Eggs
2 Slices Cheddar Cheese
Butter.
Salt & pepper to taste

Cut the Muffin, spread it with butter and put it on the grill, kind of like a grilled cheese. I put a bacon press on top of it to get a crunchy toasty muffin.

I have egg rings and I make a lot of McMuffins. They are not entirely necessary. I butter the inside of the egg ring, place on the grill, crack the egg and deposit in the ring. Break the Yolk and salt & pepper to taste.

When the egg sets well cut around the inside of the ring and remove the ring. Flip the egg to cook the other side.

Put the bottom half of the muffin on the serving plate. A slice or two of smoked lox (I used lemon pepper Lox), a slice of Cheddar, one of the eggs. I repeated the layering and made a double high. Of course you can use a regular muffin and make single high.

I enjoyed it, I hope you will,.

Attachments

• eggs1.JPG
    eggs1.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 171

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Barb, breakfast is my favorite meal and I only got to cook / enjoy it on the weekend. I usually eat a light or no lunch on the weekend.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Fred - The lox is put on cold, however it will be warm when you eat it because of the warm eggs and muffin. You can warm it a bit if you like. In mine the cheese melted and the lox was warm.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
There really isn't a recipe. One sweats some chopped onions in a bit of canola oil but doesn't let them turn color. One chops some lox (I prefer nova) and when the onions are soft, adds it and cooks it quickly and then, one pours the beaten eggs over top and scrambles the mixture until the eggs are done. Quantities depends upon how many are served. This is often accompanied with bagels and a schmear, o.j. and coffee.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Andy my mom always served tomatoes, cucumbers, onions (big round thin slices of a sweet onion like vidalia), muenster and swiss when she served lox and bagels. Perhaps you might want to try one of the other cheeses I mentioned. I can't imagine chedddar and lox together as they both can be so salty.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
We went to IKEA yesterday to kill some time before our flight, and they had lox and salad in the cafe. I really wanted the Swedish meatballs, but when we got to the buffet they were only serving breakfast. So I ran back and got the lox and salad, and it was delicious!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Susan my favorite breakfast in NYC is bagels & lox with cream cheese, I usually have scallion cream cheese.

This was actually pretty good. It didn't seem too salty. I normally do not use much salt when cooking. The Lox was smoked and it was lemon pepper Lox, don't know if it made any difference. Anyway, It tasted good to me.

I could not bear to have the same thing every time. Yesterday's was breakfast sausage and scrambled egg, toasted muffin and a bit of Mayo.